Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News This Is Like That Thing Annie Carlson Is Working On

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Fantastic news, best of luck to both of you, here's hoping the fruit of your labour will deliver on the expectations.
I'd like to second Mr.Teatime's question, how are they related to Iron Tower?

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Shannow said:
Azrael the cat said:
Great news. Finally, a indie rpg that stands an excellent chance of seeing the light of day.

(that isn't an indictment on VD, it's just the observation that someone with a long history of work in the CRPG industry is more likely to be capable of finishing such a project. Heck, AoD might end up being brilliant, and might come out next year, but given the rate of failure of such projects, you can't blame us for taking a 'let's be supportive but quietly skeptical, until the thing actually ships' approach).
The Black Hound. Lay down your arms for all hope is lost!
Or in other words: Any indy game can turn out fine/vapourware. Whether industry veterans are involved or not.

That aside, awesome news. Now they just need to get some PR pointers from Bio and Assassin's Creed so that Annie shows us her great tits:
istockphoto_2553987-great-tits.jpg

Eh, I mean her awesome boobies:
ad_32741n.jpg

PS: You didn't think a thread about Annie would go without mention of birds for long, did you?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Finish AOD already. :x

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Mr. Teatime said:
How are they related to Iron Tower? Does IT simply host their forums?
No. There is a lot more to it, but I'll let Brian explain when he has time.

Shannow said:
Or in other words: Any indy game can turn out fine/vapourware. Whether industry veterans are involved or not.
Correction: Any game turn out fine/vaporware.

Aliens
Arx Fatalis 2
Fallout 3 - the BIS version
BG3: Black Hound
TORN
Elvion
Ken Rolston's RPG
LotR: The White Council
Dungeon Keeper 3
The Roots
And at least 5 more mainstream games that were announced when I was posting news, but never materialized.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
AndhairaX said:
I also hope they make the game fantasy with magic.
No.

And class based.
No.

I've read the very extensive design doc and it's pretty fucking awesome. The Codex kinda awesome.

Shagnak said:
Excellent news, and congrats to VD for landing some big fish.
Thanks, Shagnak.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Vault Dweller said:
I've read the very extensive design doc and it's pretty fucking awesome. The Codex kinda awesome.
That could mean anything, from a Fallout-style open world game with tons of ways to solve quests to a Wizardry-like FP dungeon crawler full of furry races.

Oarfish

Prophet
Great news. If this comes off we could be in for a new age of decent gaming, hopefully Brian's music analogy is correct. Not so correct it involves sleeping on peoples floors and pimping t shirts for food though.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Lockkaliber said:
Good luck Mitsoda and Carlson! ITS is the new Black Isle.
What exactly has Annie done in her career to warrant a comparison to Black Isle?

She was the lead writer on a project (SoZ) that had Bethesda quality writing.
And yet, you guys are making it seem like she's capable of making a game on par with Trioka/Black Isle? WTF guys?

Tails

Arbiter
Good luck & best wishes to Double Bear, hoping this game will be multi platform.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom