Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News This Is Like That Thing Annie Carlson Is Working On

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
VD, are we looking at a party based game? What are their plans for the combat engine?
Do you guys honestly think VD is going to give out info on somebody else's personal project? Have some patience, Brian and Annie will give us some details soon.

Now's as good time as any for one of the news posters to try and score us an interview. :cool:

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I actually think it's good thing Annie is working on indie project. Unlike all other indie devs she actually worked in industry and knows her shit.

Luzur

Good Sir
is it going to be that promised Phantasie remake, Annie?

2f0arcz.jpg

Castanova

Prophet
The announcement mentioned something about survival so that would seem to lend itself to a single character type game but that's obviously speculation. That being said, it'd be pretty cool to have a party-based survival RPG where you need to carefully consider the possibility of having your party eat one of the party members.

pipka

Savant
Castanova said:
That being said, it'd be pretty cool to have a party-based survival RPG where you need to carefully consider the possibility of having your party eat one of the party members.
Dark Sun halfling party comes to mind.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Mortmal said:
DriacKin said:
Lockkaliber said:
Good luck Mitsoda and Carlson! ITS is the new Black Isle.
What exactly has Annie done in her career to warrant a comparison to Black Isle?

She was the lead writer on a project (SoZ) that had Bethesda quality writing.
And yet, you guys are making it seem like she's capable of making a game on par with Trioka/Black Isle? WTF guys?

I was thinking that as well, they bash gaider all the time, but praise her altough zehir wasnt any better. Well obviously the codex "hivemind" is strongly biased towards cute blondes ;).

Read this thread for my thoughts on the Codex and Annie Carlson. I am not cutting her any slack because she is a woman.

http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic...r=asc&highlight=subject+annie+carlson&start=0

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Fat Dragon said:
VD, are we looking at a party based game? What are their plans for the combat engine?
Do you guys honestly think VD is going to give out info on somebody else's personal project? Have some patience, Brian and Annie will give us some details soon.

Now's as good time as any for one of the news posters to try and score us an interview. :cool:

My professionalism sense tells me it's too early for an interview.

Also, VD has answered some questions for the Brain, ironically asked by Andahriaararara

Vince said:
Since Brian isn't around at the moment, I hope he wouldn't mind if I cover the basics.

AndhairaX said:
3)VD gave some hints over on the Codex that the game would not be fantasy. If true (and bit of a bummer if it is) why? Also, if its not fantasy and medieval what period is it set in? Future/post apoclyptic/sci fi? Some hints would be nice.
"A turn-based RPG that emphasizes survival and escape as civilization begins to decay."

4)Will you be able to make your own party at start or is it one pc at startup only?
Party-based.

5)Will there be any sort of magic in the game (or psi if you will)
No.

6)Are you liscensing any rulesystem to use or is it custom built from scratch?
Custom.

7) Is the game first person or third person?
Isometric.

Lockkaliber said:
Read this thread for my thoughts on the Codex and Annie Carlson. I am not cutting her any slack because she is a woman.

Well no, but you do obsess over her enough to start a thread.

Obsessing or cutting slack, which one is better and why? Discuss!

ElectricOtter

Great news. I wish them luck. And the civilization decaying sounds fucking awesome. If they can do it as good as it was in Exile 3, I will definitely be removing this from a inventory :D

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Brother None said:
Lockkaliber said:

Well no, but you do obsess over her enough to start a thread.

Obsessing or cutting slack, which one is better and why? Discuss!

Reading comprehension failed?

I started the thread because I perceived a flaw in the Codex behaviour. It never had anything to do with Annies actions in the first place, but instead it was supposed to start a discussion of the Codex' objectification of women. Please read the content of the thread before you post something about it.

Tavicroix

Novice
DoubleBear Productions is an indie game studio founded in June 2009 by writer and game designer Brian Mitsoda, and specializing in RPGs. Details on their current project have not yet been released, except that it is an RPG they are working on with Iron Tower Studios, and that it will be utilizing the Age of Decadence engine.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DoubleBear_Productions

Good, this should greatly decrease production time. :)

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
bat_boro said:
So, are they working on the game full-time or part-time, a-la VD?
Full time. It's a very focused effort.

Blackadder said:
Party-based. AoD tech.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Reading must be teh hard when you're burning with righteous rage. From the news post:

"Turn-based RPG that emphasizes survival and escape as civilization begins to decay".

NotAnAlt

Educated
So ITZ happens and you spend the game getting out of dodge. Sounds like a decent premise.

When will it be out?

Sweet, another game with the engine will probably spell major tech support delay on AoD :(
unless there was some financial stuff involved???

But really, indies have what 20% of being released, at least this increases the chance of at least one turn based game being released. Yihaa!

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Azael said:
Great news. When it comes to characters and writing, Bloodlines comes pretty damn close to the quality of Torment.
No. It was a good game, but let's not get carried away, alright?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Mitsoda > Carlson

He's awesome as evidenced by V:BL.

Hopefully he can teach her how to write as what was seen in SOZ was H.O.R.R.I.B.L.E

Chefe

Erudite
The name sounds like a ripoff of DoubleFine along with the goofy mascot.

Good luck, I guess. There's so much vaporware these days. :(

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
VTM: Bloodlines was awesome. I'm eager to see what Mitsoda can do.

bat_boro

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
bat_boro said:
So, are they working on the game full-time or part-time, a-la VD?
Full time. It's a very focused effort.

Great news, I suppose this means that the development cycle won't be that long (assuming it's using an already existing tech)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom