Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This just in: Fallout 3 is being developed by Bethesda

Cassidy

Arcane
kingcomrade said:
You pause the game and shoot.
Sounds like a recipe for a first person shooter that sucks.

And of course, they can always add <s>Bioshock dumbed down gameplay</s> Vita chambers or other form of instant respawn systems to that recipe to boost the effect in the end result and have a chance of making a big profit from it no matter how their work is seen through the many eyes of the Hivemind. Or maybe, there is still a hope that Fallout 3 will be another Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel in sales figures. Retards posting in ESF forums that they will <s>torrent</s> buy Fallout 3 aren't a trustworthy source for income predictions.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Does this mean that the VD can only masturbate with his right hand? That would make his right hand super strong and would probably increase the distance of his nuke hurl.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Cassidy said:
kingcomrade said:
You pause the game and shoot.
Sounds like a recipe for a first person shooter that sucks.

And of course, they can always add <s>Bioshock dumbed down gameplay</s> Vita chambers or other form of instant respawn systems to that recipe to boost the effect in the end result and have a chance of making a big profit from it no matter how their work is seen through the many eyes of the Hivemind. Or maybe, there is still a hope that Fallout 3 will be another Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel in sales figures. Retards posting in ESF forums that they will <s>torrent</s> buy Fallout 3 aren't a trustworthy source for income predictions.

Dying and respawning? You mean like Planescape: Torment?

cardtrick

Arbiter
Got to love how in that whole long post about the Pip-Boy, in which they talk repeatedly about their influences in its design (50's/60's technology, Army field radios, the Apple II, etc.), they don't even mention the original Fallout.

That said, I really like their take on the Pip-Boy. It might be gimmicky, but having the character screen and such incorporated into it looks like it works quite well, and the design certainly seems to fit with the Fallout look.

DraQ

Arcane
I actually like the design of the new Pip-Boy, unlike many things in FO3 that scream "suckage" . I do suspect, though, that it will be extremely unwieldy interface-wise, but then, the interface in original Fallouts was hardly perfect.

Deleted member 7219

Latest developer blog on official Fallout 3 website:

What would you say is your personal favorite game of all-time?

No way to pick just one, but several that come to mind as my all time favorites are Dark Forces, Halo, Doom, Diablo II, Mario 64, SSX, Half-Life 2, Bioshock and Oblivion.

DraQ

Arcane
Matt7895 said:

No way to pick just one, but several that come to mind as my all time favorites are Dark Forces, Halo, Doom, Diablo II, Mario 64, SSX, Half-Life 2, Bioshock and Oblivion.
Why is there not a single RPG on the list?

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I didn't actually know FO3 was being made until 3 months ago (don't ask) and I was genuinely pleased to hear it, still remember my reaction when I found out who was making it though, wasn't pissed just indifferent. Rented Oblivion (Game of the year) and it was boring, nice to look at but boring as hell, don't see how Beth can do something dramatically different despite inheriting a much better setting, unless the dump most of their writing team (for dialogue, quests, plot).

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Western said:
I didn't actually know FO3 was being made until 3 months ago (don't ask) and I was genuinely pleased to hear it, still remember my reaction when I found out who was making it though, wasn't pissed just indifferent. Rented Oblivion (Game of the year) and it was boring, nice to look at but boring as hell, don't see how Beth can do something dramatically different despite inheriting a much better setting, unless the dump most of their writing team (for dialogue, quests, plot).
Nope, the Oblivion team is making it. As for the details:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=157

Cthulhugoat

Arbiter
Matt7895 said:

Yay. Fallout: the FPS, finally!

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Vault Dweller said:
Western said:
Nope, the Oblivion team is making it. As for the details:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=157

Fascinating, I knew they'd sodomize things like, plot, dialogue and game play, but I didn't realise they'd take the time and energy to sodomize the setting, on the other hand it'll look nice. It'll probably sell though, if people can love Oblivion they can love this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom