Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tiberium Sun free download for modern PC's

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Tiberian*

e: Tiberian Sun is a true love for me. I don't know what it is but I just find the game so compelling. The story, the atmosphere, the units. Everything. Even though I know it's a bad RTS and that the story is cheesy I can't stop myself from romanticise it and dreaming of what a true sequel could look like.

Ladonna

Arcane
Tiberian*

e: Tiberian Sun is a true love for me. I don't know what it is but I just find the game so compelling. The story, the atmosphere, the units. Everything. Even though I know it's a bad RTS and that the story is cheesy I can't stop myself from romanticise it and dreaming of what a true sequel could look like.

I like it. Cool music, Kane, James Earl Jones saying "God DAMN It!" about 50 times throughout. Whats not to like?

Really, I don't see it as bad. I bought it when it was first released, enjoyed it, and only found out it was "bad" after seeing other people bitching about it on the forums back then. I remember the first magazine reviews were gushing over it, and later interviews about CnC sequels, from the same magazine, would mention TS as "a little disappointing". I guess they were affected by the same bug.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
IMO the bad rep Tiberian Sun gets has always been down to it having too much hype around its release, and that its design is not balanced for multiplayer. As a single player game it's still very good, and it has some wild bullshit units that you don't see in other RTS games (maybe for a reason, but it does make Tiberian Sun a unique experience), and it's got some really interesting engine features like deforming terrain. And in terms of art design and graphics it's easily Westwood's peak in that department (music and everything else is IMO Emperor, but just for starters 2001 3D is not as good at late 1999 2D). In terms of worldbuilding, it's the best for Command & Conquer, it's wonderfully bleak.

Calthaer

Educated
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I have just been going through some old CDs and taking note of the license keys and everything, and this game...I installed it on Windows 10, tried to get it to work, didn't quite succeed. Timely - I want to play this; have been wanting to get it out of my backlog for some time. Thanks for posting!

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've heard this version is the best: https://cncnet.org/tiberian-sun
e: However I used the Tiberian Sun-client for my latest play-through back in 2019 and it was fine.

e2: CNCNET is best for multiplayer and maybe also skirmish. However if you intend to play the campaigns the Tiberian Sun client is actually better since it comes with some interface improvements that makes the game easier to control. It's easier to set rally points and you can see health status by hoovering instead of clicking. I haven't tested the Tiberian Sun client since 2019 so I don't remember all the improvements in the campaigns.

Last edited:

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
:necro:

People say that CNCNET is the best way to play Tiberian Sun. Although that might indeed be true for multiplayer it sure isn't for the campaigns. The Tiberian Sun Client is far superior since it comes with at least some new conveniences:
  • Hoovering over units and structures shows their health. So you don't have to click them
  • Newly built harvesters automatically goes for tiberium. You don't have to order them.
  • Rally points are set by just clicking. You don't have to press ctrl+alt+click as in vanilla.
I played some 8 GDI missions using the CNCNET version and that was horrible with constant crashes that froze the computer. The Tiberian Sun Client is far superior and it also contains the two missions from the demo. Another neat treat is that vanilla and Firestorm are merged so you don't have to choose. So I would suggest that people use the Tiberian Sun Client unless they want multiplayer in which case they should probably use CNCNET because of the player base being bigger.

To moderators: There is already a thread about Tiberian Sun being free. Also, this thread should be renamed and include links to the Tiberian Sun Client and CNCNET in the first post.

e: What a stupid jerk I've been. CNCNET is included in the tibsun client.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom