Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tides of Numenera - Impossible to Make Custom Portraits?

Does anyone know how? I'm not seeing it in the file structure. If we can't.....wow that's depressing.

Edit: Here's my self-notes on doing it:

CUSTOM PORTRAIT SOLUTION
After some effort I have successfully managed to insert my own custom portrait for the protagonist. Here's how:

1. Get the Unity Asset Bundle Extractor tool (UABE)

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?22675-Unity-Assets-Bundle-Extractor

2. Open resources.assets in WIN/TidesOfNumenera_Data folder inside your Steam TTON game folder

3. Find textures Portrait-LCO_Male and Portrait-LCO_Male and extract them as tga using the Plugins button on the right

4. Edit the textures in your preferred graphic editor

5. Import the new textures to replace the old one using the "edit" Plugin in UABE

6. Save the changes resources.assets (this will create a new file sharedassets4.assets)

7. Replace the original sharedassets4.assets file (located in the same folder as resources.assets) with your new sharedassets4.assets

8. Play the Game with your new portrait

Notes:
Tybir is in 2 locations! One has a good portrait (globalgamemanagers), but the other bad portrait overrides it (globalgamemanagers.assets).
The portraits in TidesOfNumenera_Data also end up in globalgamemanagers. They seem to copy over from _Data, but I don't know when this copying takes place so it might be necessary to upload the new images to both folders.

EXAMPLE HERE:

Custom Portrait in Torment:Tides of Numenera
Community Created Artwork for Steam Artwork
By: Blackdragon
This is a custom portrait inserted into Torment:Tides of Numenera using the method explained here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/272270/discussions/0/405691147592268056/ As the Steam screenshot function is not working...

CAVEATS:

A. You may have to start a new game for the change to take effect (there is a separate SharedAssets bundle called "player" with another instance of the player portraits, which I haven't managed to edit with existing tools).

B. Step 5 may require some fiddling, in particular using the Raw export/import function first to get everything working. You may have to experiment with exporting and importing existing portraits before going for a fully custom portrait.

MAXIMIZE IT:

By using the same method you can edit basically any texture in the game, including companion portraits, armor etc.
Last edited by Blackdragon; Feb 6, 2

OTHER/MISSING PORTRAITS
Using UABE, open globalgamemanagers and you should find the missing portraits like Matkina's and the other companions. The process to modify and save them is the same one as mentioned in the OP.

Last edited:

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Tides of Numenera - impossible to enjoy?

thinking-face.png

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Yes; it is impossible. The game is so boring that you will fall over dead before making a portrait for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom