Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tim Cain joins Obsidian Entertainment

Bitcher

Educated
At first I was like "Did April Fools come early or what?"
But then it seemed like its actually true and I was like :what:
I totally wouldn't expect him to end up working on RPGs (or "RPGs" if you prefer) again. Also, it sure as hell opens up some sweet possibilities for codex approved MCA-Tim (b)romance.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
:what:

If Boyarsky is also hired the universe will implode.

Cynic

Arcane
This could be a motherfucking massive :incline: of epic proportions. NOW GET THE D&D LICENSE OBSIDIAN!!!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Ye, he was working for Carbine studios and married to a guy there. Still is, according to his FB-profil, except as of October 2011 he no longer works for Carbine but as Senior Programmer for Obsidian.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Fucking hell.

Well, not like he's going to make Obsidian games any less buggy, but I hope he'll be heading a design team some time down the road.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Fuck, that's great news. All the talent being grouped together.

Hey, now skyway and his like can't go on saying "Obsidian has nothing to do with the team who originally made Fallout." :lol:

Regdar

Arcane
Holy shit, I thought this was a troll.

I am so impatient right now.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
As glad as I am that Cain is working with them now, people that don't like Obsidian games shouldn't be. You think he's going to just sweep every publisher of their feet and make them ok with turn based games and complex systems or something? He'll be a good influence on the company, but pretty much nothing will change.

Lockkaliber said:
As glad as I am that Cain is working with them now, people that don't like Obsidian games shouldn't be. You think he's going to just sweep every publisher of their feet and make them ok with turn based games and complex systems or something? He'll be a good influence on the company, but pretty much nothing will change.

This. Just this.

made

Arcane
I'm confident Obsidian's upcoming facebook game will benefit greatly from his expertise.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
made said:
I'm confident Obsidian's upcoming facebook game will benefit greatly from his expertise.

Its not facebook. It will be a XBLA/PSN/Steam game most likely.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Blackadder said:
Lockkaliber said:

This. Just this.
Exactly. Also, judging by Arcanum, a real holy union would also need Chris Taylor.

Stinger

Arcane
Sounds like good news to me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom