Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tim Cain & MCA Fallout Interview

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
mca.gif
akPXG.gif

Radisshu

Prophet
Excidium said:
Did they say anything worth raging over?

The interviewer and the fat nuka break guy says a lot of stupid shit grounded in them misunderstanding the Fallout humor. MCA seems to try to be nice but also soften the retartetnezz so far.

Radisshu

Prophet
Well yeah. I wanted to hear more from Tim Cain. Still on part 1 though.

Radisshu

Prophet
I am Brian Mitsoda, MCA, Cleve Blakemore, DarkUnderlord, Prosper and my own grandmother. I am NOT Tim Cain.

EDIT: The second interviewer is a little bit better.

Radisshu

Prophet
I'm not sure if MCA is fat or muscular. His face doesn't look fat.

Ed123 said:
Can someone tell me exactly which points involve them NOT talking about the shitty nuka-break thing? I refuse to endure the entire thing just for five minutes of something I actually care about.

The second part.

So.. the guy gets a writer and a programmer to interview and then asks them about graphics?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The second one was more interesting. It basically goes into when a Publisher approaches Obsidian what they demand and what processes Obsidian goes through.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It still seems so unreal. Tim and MCA are working together at Obsidian. I don't know how can we be so lucky.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I pity those two having to endure inane questions of those NukaBreak Monkeys..

Still don't get what all the fuss with Cain is about. It's been a while since he worked on some RPG at all, time changes people. Also, while he may be one of the creative heads behind the original Fallout, it needs more than just one guy to actually develop the game.

Too much fuss over basically nothing. You can go all "awww" when they actually produce something really cool - now, without anything to show it's just blind fanboy-ism.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Surf Solar said:
Too much fuss over basically nothing. You can go all "awww" when they actually produce something really cool - now, without anything to show it's just blind fanboy-ism.
That's p. much how it works with Obsidian. :lol:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Radisshu said:
Both. He was muscular and then he acquired a lot of fat during the New Vegas crunch.
297leo.jpg

Clearly ready to burst out of his shirt, but for which reason?

Cynic

Arcane
Pretty awesome. Will we be blessed or will we be forsaken? That, dear Codex, is the question.

Cynic

Arcane
Jaesun said:
The second one was more interesting. It basically goes into when a Publisher approaches Obsidian what they demand and what processes Obsidian goes through.

Agreed, second part is very interesting.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
I wish they didn't invite that Nuka Break tard there, I'd rather someone just pick their brains for an hour versus that awful awkward internet humor that doesn't translate well into real life situations.

Stinger

Arcane
That was kind of a waste of a Tim Cain/Avellone dual interview. :(

Too much praising Nuka Break (It's a good fan series but we don't need a 30 minute video feat. Cain and Avellone dedicated to praising them for that) and asking the questions that don't have much to do with Chris Avellone and Tim Cain's roles like graphics and art style and stuff in the second interview.

Roguey said:
Radisshu said:
Both. He was muscular and then he acquired a lot of fat during the New Vegas crunch.
297leo.jpg

Clearly ready to burst out of his shirt, but for which reason?

Isn't it obvious? The giant penis stretching all the way from his crotch up to his neckline, that the shirt is just barely managing to keep under wraps.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom