Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tim Cain & MCA Fallout Interview

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
J_C said:
Also stop this MCA and Tim sucking cocks bullshit! MCA sees this here, and he never reads the Codex again.
Seriously, he does read the Codex. Last time I asked him about something, he knew that I ask him because we had a discusson about it on the Codex.
Good to know. Hey Chris how do you feel about this?
2ew2lo1.png

Shouldn't feel too down, you have company.
149rslz.png

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
You get these suggestions with about any name you type into google.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't get the gay suggestion on my Google. Maybe you were searching for too much gay stuff lately, and Google automatically suggests that stuff. :smug:

kaizoku

Arcane
J_C said:
I don't get the gay suggestion on my Google. Maybe you were searching for too much gay stuff lately, and Google automatically suggests that stuff. :smug:
:lol:

Teepo

Scholar
Xor said:
Teepo said:
I'm constantly confused as to who Chris Avelone is\was. Is he any good?

Ever play Planescape Torment?

Ah, thank you. I do recall people not particularly liking anything after Planetscape, or am I tripping?

Jaesun said:

Is it that hard Xor?

That is most offensive. I have quite good taste. :obviously:

I spent 2007 learning to play Fallout 1 when I could have been fucking fags up in Oblivion. Surely that must count for something.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Teepo said:
Xor said:
Teepo said:
I'm constantly confused as to who Chris Avelone is\was. Is he any good?

Ever play Planescape Torment?

Ah, thank you. I do recall people not particularly liking anything after Planetscape, or am I tripping?
If "people" is me and some others, you're right. If "people" is a significant portion of the codex perhaps even the majority, then you're totally trippin' and I want some of that stuff :D

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
He seems friendly enough, and I really do enjoy Fallout and Planescape: Torment. That said, I have found most of his post-Planescape titles to be quite poor. I only enjoyed the Icewind Dale games, and they were only decent in comparison to his earlier work.

Hopefully, he will get his act together and start creating high-quality games again. He certainly could, if only he wanted to.

No more of this nonsense, though:

What would I do differently if I was doing Torment today? Today, I would have had more NPC responses be reflected in animation and facial expression rather than just text. I'd also like a lot of dialogue options be represented visually, instead of described.

:godimsomadtheyremovedthissmiley: :decline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom