Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Time Travel! Yesterday's backup put back.

Koby

Scholar
Spacemoose said:
*Nothing of substance*
Yeah.

Koby

Scholar
Spacemoose said:
Koby said:
I thought you were just getting warm?

don't you want to tell me again what the codex is ALL about, with your veteran wisdom?

good times, brah, good times
:lol: I'm waiting for YOU Spacemoose, you are the main actor in this little drama, don't you want to dance with me?

But if saying the last word is all you are capable of, go ahead sweetheart.

Calis

Pensionado
Vault Dweller said:
Quite possibly. There is a very good chance that DU is right and I'm wrong, which is why I'm ok with being a regular poster. I'm a bit disappointed with how everything was handled, but I can live with that.
I'm sure I'm not digging this public-admin-shout-out, either, but that's hardly a first either. (and I'm fairly certain I expressed my unhappiness with it last time it happened, as well)
If your "disappointed" remark refers to my actions of yesterday: I figured that with all the hormones running wild, the "restore backup, timeout for a bit" method would be a good way to push for a new balance, but if I only added to the escalation of this epic drama, I'm sorry. My actions were in part a knee-jerk reaction to what happened, but I still think this kick in the nuts will ultimately prove to be a positive step.

As for my opinion on what the road to redemption is for the Codex forum: I'm going to post that in the staff forum first, though some of what I have to say on the subject can be found in my e-mails to you.

I'll try to push for some kind of consensus on the staff forum. You'll be the first to know when (if) it's there.

spacemoose

Erudite
Koby said:
:lol: I'm waiting for YOU Spacemoose,
what are you waiting for? all you've given so far is an opinion of what the codex should be like. and because you're a snoob, your opinion is worth about two shits

Koby

Scholar
Spacemoose said:
what are you waiting for?

Do YOU think you deserved a ban?
Should people acting like YOU get the boot or are you someone special?
What RPGcodex should be about? Share with us YOUR RPGcodex manifesto.
Is there somewhere, deep inside you a fucking PARAGRAPH or all that remains are one line drivel?
Should RPGcodex cater for people with ONLY one line drivel? If so, why?
Stuff like that.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
I'd have to concur with what Amasius said on the earlier page. And VD's content contributions to the site tend to be pretty damn good.

Oh and an idea. How about giving people who are acting retarded a post limit per day? Say they can only make 5 posts a day. If they continue posting shit you leave the limit on and they can't do that much damage. If they start posting intelligently you can take the limit off. You could put something similar to newcomers if you wanted. Every post counts so you better make it good.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
vrok said:
Vault Dweller said:
Why don't you go write for RPG Watch then if you hate 90% of the people here?
Where did I say that? Let's not confuse your assumptions with my position. Then again, that won't be fun, would it?

We just want you to admit that your latest warnings and shit were out of line considering standard Codex rules and all is forgiven...
We? Who are "we"? Anyway, if that's all you want, sure. I admit that my latest warnings and shit were out of line considering standard Codex rules. I clearly stated that the old rules don't seem to work and new ones are needed. Can I be forgiven now, plz?

You come home and find your house trashed by your buddies.
As far as I'm concerned it's a shared living space that they messed up, not *your* house. Used to be Saint's house though but that still doesn't make it yours.
You took the analogy too seriously. The Codex isn't my property, but it was a place where I used to spent a lot of time, hence the "home" remark.

spacemoose

Erudite
@ koby:

I've already addressed this in other threads, but just for you, sweetcheeks, I'll repeat it here:

one: my posting of bannable material was prompted by me getting warned repeatedly over innocuous stuff. there's really nothing more to be said on that subject

two: its people like YOU that should get the boot for being serious-business faggots who are choking this place to death

three: what I'd ideally like to see is a return to the low level of moderation of about 2(?) months ago. whether this involves unlocking retardoland, creating another subforum or removing KC and redesignating GD - either would work

I'd also like VD to return to his former non-ban-happy self and continue to create great content

as for your CATER OOOONLY TO HORRIBLE PEOPLE LIKE YOU comment - this is pure bullshit. hardly anyone here bullshits or makes one-liners in rpg discussion, or anywhere outside GD and drama threads like this one for that matter

there's less and less serious rpg discussion going on because everything has been said. look at project monkey. whenever a new rpg discussion thread comes up people end up copy-pasting their old posts if they even make the effort to do that. this is also why so many regulars have left - don't delude yourself that they were scared off by the terrible lulz.

by god, goatse and tubgirl used to be hotlinked around here and it was all in good fun, but I don't suppose you'd recall that since you were not fucking here in that glorious age

vrok

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
Anyway, if that's all you want, sure. I admit that my latest warnings and shit were out of line considering standard Codex rules. I clearly stated that the old rules don't seem to work and new ones are needed. Can I be forgiven now, plz?
Though you're sarcastic as shit in your post and it's hard to detect if there's anything genuine to this statement, yes. But "adopt new, rock-solid, no-nonsense rules and only ban/warn when they're in fact broken" still applies and should be agreed upon by at least the staff in the case of when new rules are needed. If the staff didn't give a flying fuck before I'm certain their attention is more focused at the moment. "No retardedness" doesn't fly.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Though you're sarcastic as shit here and it's hard to detect if there's anything genuine to this statement, yes. But "adopt new, rock-solid, no-nonsense rules and only ban/warn when they're in fact broken" still applies and should be agreed upon by at least the staff in the case of when new rules are needed. If the staff didn't give a flying fuck before I'm certain their attention is more focused at the moment. "No retardedness" doesn't fly.

Who the fuck put you in charge here asshole?

vrok

Liturgist
Trash said:
We're currently two regular Codex citizens discussing. Neither of us is in charge. Since VD contributes more to this site than I do it's in my best interest to see him return to his position, without being a vindictive ass.

Or do you think acting like a concerned citizen is out of line? Your post surely didn't contribute shit, that's for sure.

Koby

Scholar
Spacemoose said:
two: its people like YOU that should get the boot for being serious-business faggots who are choking this place to death
So, your anti-serious-business? also give an example for this "choking this place to death".

three: what I'd ideally like to see is a return to the low level of moderation of about 2(?) months ago. whether this involves unlocking retardoland, creating another subforum or removing KC and redesignating GD - either would work
Here a suggestion, IF ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS GD, GO WHERE GD IS THE MAIN COURSE.

Damn.
I'd also like VD to return to his former non-ban-happy self and continue to create great content
Yes, but on your terms? Does thats sense to you?

as for your CATER OOOONLY TO HORRIBLE PEOPLE LIKE YOU comment - this is pure bullshit. hardly anyone here bullshits or makes one-liners in rpg discussion, or anywhere outside GD and drama threads like this one for that matter

there's less and less serious rpg discussion going on because everything has been said. look at project monkey. whenever a new rpg discussion thread comes up people end up copy-pasting their old posts if they even make the effort to do that. this is also why so many regulars have left
You are side stepping the issue, why should RPGCodex GD should be the bullshit center? If you don't like the RPG discussion, and dont give some bullshit everything has been said already, If YOU don't like it why are you still here, at RPGcodex? I'm sure you can find a trash talk galore forum, if that what you looking for, GD is not it.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I did. Case closed.

Roofles!

We're currently two regular Codex citizens discussing.

Nah, you're telling him what to do and try to get him to apologise. You're not discussing, you're bossing around.

Or do you think acting like a concerned citizen is out of line? Your post surely didn't contribute shit, that's for sure.

I've seen what "concerned citizens" have done to this site, it ain't pretty. It's also pretty funny to see some lurker come out of the depths to shower us with his wisdom, while he had precious little to contribute before. You're just a little troll enjoying the carnage, piss off.

vrok

Liturgist
Whatever makes you feel better dickhole. Not getting dragged into a flamewar with you in this thread. Not when I know what your posts normally look like.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Whatever makes you feel better dickhole. Not getting dragged into a flamewar with you in this thread. Not when I know what your posts normally looks like.

Zing! Great use of the word 'dickhole'. Must've been 8th grade since I heard that one, cumbucket.

That was exactly my point.

Goddamnit, why did you had to go and do that? Now I feel guilty.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Trash might be harsh but fair; he's a great poster and has contributed damn nice posts over the years, so chillax, vrok.

vrok

Liturgist
Jasede said:
he's a great poster and has contributed damn nice posts over the years, so chillax, vrok.
That was exactly my point.

MountainWest

Scholar
Trash said:
Though you're sarcastic as shit here and it's hard to detect if there's anything genuine to this statement, yes. But "adopt new, rock-solid, no-nonsense rules and only ban/warn when they're in fact broken" still applies and should be agreed upon by at least the staff in the case of when new rules are needed. If the staff didn't give a flying fuck before I'm certain their attention is more focused at the moment. "No retardedness" doesn't fly.

Blasphemer! Who are you to question the words of Vrok - almighty God of the Codex and the wastelands? You're nothing but a dirty worm squirming in his shining grace. Cock, the benevolent and beautiful, the wise and cunning, creator of land and painter of heavens, haveth graced the sinners teary cheek with his blessed hand. Repent your doubt and hear his will, and do as I and all shall do, heed it. Tremble as the mountains, cry as the rain, shiver as the forests and obey his words. Kneel as Gods and worship his feet. Hear ye hear ye - hereby VD, traitor of spirit and dictator extraordinare, is declared forgiven, because Vrok - contributor of nothing - has said so. Rejoice!

spacemoose

Erudite
Koby said:
So, your anti-serious-business?
I'm anti serious-business faggots who can't take a joke (or perhaps are too dumb to unerstand humor) bringing down the level of discourse here
also give an example for this "choking this place to death".
take a look at some of your own, nedrah's elhoim's or jedi_learner's posts
Here a suggestion, IF ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS GD, GO WHERE GD IS THE MAIN COURSE.
I never said GD is the only thing I care about. the front page is usually top notch - its my rpg compass so to say. and there are still (however rare) interesting discussions sometimes, particularly in the AoD forum. and why should I leave? I like the community here, and at least a bunch of them don't mind me either from what I've gathered. off topic banter in GD has never been a problem before and there's no reason it should suddenly become some horrible thing
Yes, but on your terms? Does thats sense to you?
I'm not dictating terms here, but if I had to chose between a codex where humor is banned and a codex with excellent content... I'd keep the humor because without it the forum is dead. people will step up for content
If YOU don't like it why are you still here, at RPGcodex?
see above. I like the people here, and the front page interviews/features

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
I'm anti serious-business faggots who can't take a joke (or perhaps are too dumb to unerstand humor) bringing down the level of discourse here

Come on, your jokes are of the level of a teenager movie. You couldn't make a good joke even if you wanted.

"GTFO! LULZ!"

"Only 8? WEAK! LULZ!"

What's next? Farts and vomits?

take a look at some of your own, nedrah's elhoim's or jedi_learner's posts

I agree that "dare" was a too serious word. Maybe I should have said: "Look at the idiots playing the rebels when they don't have 1/1000th of the balls Guevara had". Nothing more, nothing less. You didn't break my heart or anything, and it was mildly ammussing to see your "revolution".

What bothers me is the ammount of Drama we are having in the last months, and it's becoming tiresome. I guess we should rename this place to the DRAMACodex.

spacemoose

Erudite
Elhoim said:
I agree that "dare" was a too serious word. Maybe I should have said: "Look at the idiots playing the rebels when they don't have 1/1000th of the balls Guevara had". Nothing more, nothing less. You didn't break my heart or anything, and it was mildly ammussing to see your "revolution".
see, this is why you are a serious business faggot. and I'm through lowering myself to your level (not you in particular, all serious business faggots, including KC) and explaining shit to you. let me lay it out once and for all: you are the intellectual inferior of people like Nicolai, Naked Lunch and Pooperscooper. you are not an interesting person to talk to because you are fucking thick. and by god, I promise this is the last time I get involved in serious business morass on this site

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Yeah, it's not like you ever cause threads to go off on tangents devoted solely to defending your ego.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom