Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Time Travel! Yesterday's backup put back.

Calis

Pensionado
dagorkan said:
You would think so. You have enough time to demote VD and join in the drama in this thread but not enough time to ban Spacemoose, TNP, Riso, NL, Percolator and all the other spammers. Glad you have your priorities straight.
Nothing wrong with taking some time to think about who you want to ban straight away, again. Also, what Nutcracker said. You were on the right track with your suggestion to take a breather. Pity you're not doing it.

dagorkan

Arbiter
I don't need a breather. Stop telling me and VD to take breathers, we're not in the ones in the wrong here. I think it would be better if the other side took a breather, they need to reflect on how stupid they're being. Your little coup was obviously a failure from the beginning and is going to end in disaster.

Nutcracker

Scholar
dagorkan said:
I don't need a breather. Stop telling me and VD to take breathers, we're not in the ones in the wrong here. I think it would be better if the other side took a breather, they need to reflect on how stupid they're being.

You volunteered to take a breather Sheek. Somewhere along the line though, you thought you'd try and set a Guinness world record for the amount of cock you could cram into your mouth.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Who's cock would that be faggot?

I volunteered to leave (not 'take a breather') because I thought it could do some good. Then I realized the entire staff team is on the lulzers' side (or seems to be) - and some even thought the 'revolution' was good fun - and I don't see why I should.

aboyd

Liturgist
Back before banning became an option at the Codex, I had to figure out how I could stay on the site, but weed out crap so that the useful stuff would be visible. I ended up installing Greasemonkey scripts that allowed me to "ban" users (they only appeared banned to me), block ugly sigs, downsize huge images, and so on. If we have such problems with VD's banning spree, and yet we have such problems with the lulzers, is something like user-configured settings worth considering? It gets rid of (some) bans, but also allows people to custom-build what they each individually consider to be a "decent" Codex.

Nutcracker

Scholar
aboyd said:
Back before banning became an option at the Codex, I had to figure out how I could stay on the site, but weed out crap so that the useful stuff would be visible. I ended up installing Greasemonkey scripts that allowed me to "ban" users (they only appeared banned to me), block ugly sigs, downsize huge images, and so on. If we have such problems with VD's banning spree, and yet we have such problems with the lulzers, is something like user-configured settings worth considering? It gets rid of (some) bans, but also allows people to custom-build what they each individually consider to be a "decent" Codex.

I think that goes against the egalitarian spirit of the Codex, and is in fact a worse punishment than banning. Everyone's opinions should be seen and judged, and if necessary rejected. I think having an ignore function would be a danerous step.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Briosafreak said:
There are other things to do VD, other paths to talk and start interesting discussions about CRPGs without having to put up with old problems and new opportunisms.
No doubts.

xedoc gpr said:
I would have more sympathy for VD if his actions made any sense. I'm not going to pretend I don't think all the "lulz" is retarded and has screwed up this once great forum, and I do agree with a lot of what VD said about what this site could be versus where it's going, but there's still that glaring fact that he gave KC moderator powers. Unless there's some secret rational thinking behind that...
The answer is very simple and logical. If you're dying to know, PM me.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Why is it a glaring fact? Just because, as we've already established, you just personally don't like me? Also, another reason he gave me mod powers to give me an incentive to stop spamming

Jason

chasing a bee
Then I realized the entire staff team is on the lulzers' side (or seems to be) - and some even thought the 'revolution' was good fun
Before anyone believes that shit and starts repeating it around, I can guarantee that's absolutely not true. Not one staff member was amused by that business the other day.

Rat Keeng

Liturgist
Will the admins' still be using their moral compass to guide them in their adventures of banishing? I really can't be bothered with a place where I might get warned/dumbfucked/banned etc. for having a go at jews or the holocaust, so I'd like that cleared up. I'm not otherwise interested in this whole kerfuffle.

Oh, and I'd just like to (sincerely) thank Vault Dweller for years of often more, and rarely less, interesting reading, despite you going out on what I think is a low note.

xedoc gpr

Scholar
you just personally don't like me

I don't know what part of the idea that "you contribute nothing but crap to the forum" is hard for you to understand..

I also don't know why you have this fetish for the idea that I care about what you're like "personally". I judge based on what you provide to the forum.

Also, another reason he gave me mod powers to give me an incentive to stop spamming

Is this a joke? Did you reread this sentence before you hit "submit"?

Nutcracker

Scholar
kingcomrade said:
Why is it a glaring fact? Just because, as we've already established, you just personally don't like me? Also, another reason he gave me mod powers to give me an incentive to stop spamming

LOL @ incentive. We'd better make the petty thief a magistrate so he stops stealing shit then. The fact is that as a moderator you are not respected by GDers, because of yourpast track record and also your partisan moderating. What GD needs is either someone like ViolentOpposition to mod it, or a neutral outsider who doesnt normally post there.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Why does he need to be respected? Who cares? All he he needs to do is to send spammy threads to retardoland and occasionally edit a post for NSFW reasons which he does fine. He doesn't need to be popular.

Nutcracker

Scholar
Resentment over KC's position was a contributing factor to the revolution, that much is clear.

spacemoose

Erudite
KC can have his little kingdom. I just wish we had a separate DMZ to bullshit in, not tied to the frontpage, with minimal moderation

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I do get an ironic chuckle out of spamgirl now being the one responsible for sending spam to retardo. And if nothing else it shows you can go from being banned for posting NSFW to being a forum mod, maybe even president!

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Nutcracker said:
Resentment over KC's position was a contributing factor to the revolution, that much is clear.
That much is clear? To who, you and spacemoose? Or do you just mean you're insisting it's true because you're retarded?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
LOL @ incentive
It's not my fault you're too dumb to get it, as your caricature shows. It obviously made sense to VD and none of you have been able to show me how I've been spamming since I've become mod, despite my repeated demands that you do.
The fact is that as a moderator you are not respected by GDers, because of yourpast track record and also your partisan moderating
OH NOES, WITHOUT YOUR RESPECT I CAN'T RETARDO THREADS MY POWERS DWINDLE

Nutcracker

Scholar
kingcomrade said:
Nutcracker said:
That much is clear? To who, you and spacemoose? Or do you just mean you're insisting it's true because you're retarded?

When DU locked my thread it was 5-4 in favour of getting a new mod for GD. I win. Sorry kid, but youre just not moderator material.

Edit:

KC said:
It's not my fault you're too dumb to get it, as your caricature shows. It obviously made sense to VD and none of you have been able to show me how I've been spamming since I've become mod, despite my repeated demands that you do.

Strawman FTW

Nutcracker

Scholar
You're not getting it - moderator status should not be a reward for retarded behaviour. I didnt really care when you got made mod, but now ive seen what you do with that power, i'm against it. Luckily every admin agrees that it was a retarded decision, and your days are probably numbered. Maybe then you can start spamming the MMORPG section, and someone might make you moderator of it.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
You're not getting it - moderator status should not be a reward for retarded behaviour.
You're not getting it - it wasn't.
but now ive seen what you do with that power, i'm against it.
Why do you keep saying this? What is it that I'm doing with the power that is so awful? You and spacemoose keep insisting but every time I ask you you hand me a one liner and dodge the question.

spacemoose

Erudite
oh shut up KC you arbitrarily retardo threads that would otherwise have flourished into great things

YES this was a huge contributing factor to the "revolution" antics

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom