Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Times got shifted by 1 hour since the last update

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Current UTC time: 7:55 AM

Time zone difference: none

Time on the forum: 8:55 AM.

Uh, what?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Time, what is time?

Edit: works fine for me. Do you have the correct time zone set in Preferences?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
It's amazing how many problems that nobody else is noticing you seem to be having... anyone else seeing time being off?

Nevill

Arcane
It's amazing how many problems that nobody else is noticing you seem to be having...
Well it's not like I am imagining them. :lol:

Actually, I have a lot more of those to report if anyone is interested in fixing them eventually. Most of them are just minor quirks (say, a transparent background when you choose fonts or font size - the strings overlap with what is written in the editor making them unintelligible), so I only write about the most obnoxious ones or the ones that affect the threads I frequent. It is only recently that I have learned that bitching on this subforum actually does something (thanks!).

If that is of interest, I can start a separate thread about it where I would list everything that seems off about the forums - to add them to a to-do list or write them off as irrelevant as you see fit.

This one hour discrepancy started a few days ago. Seeing how there was a maintenance recently I just put 2 and 2 together and thought you might want to know about that.

Edit: want to hear something funny?

My local timezone is UTC +3:00. This thread was started at 10:57 AM local time, but shows as if it was 11:57 AM (hence the bug).

If I log out, it shows that the thread was started at 9:57 AM (UTC +2:00).

What is the timezone that shows up for users that aren't logged in? Shouldn't it be the default one (UTC +0:00)?

Last edited:

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
The time zone for guests is whatever's set in the admin panel, and it's UTC+1 (CET), same as the server's time zone (and my own, not coincidentally). The MySQL upgrade shouldn't have affected this in any way, but if it did, I would expect the time to be off for everyone, not just you. Why aren't you selecting the proper time zone for your location?

Nevill

Arcane
To better illustrate my point.

I have switched it back to +3 since and it still displays as if it was +4.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
1) What is the time zone where you are in Russia? Spell it out.
2) Set this time zone in Preferences. Spell out which time zone you have selected.
3) Make a post and mouse over the time of said post and write out exactly what it says.

Nevill

Arcane
This post will be updated with relevant information in a minute.

Edit:
2015_05_06_193632.jpg

2015_05_06_193704.jpg

2015_05_06_193943.jpg
3 different networks, 3 different devices. It can't be affecting just me.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Yes. It is fixed now. What did you do?

And here I thought I was a victim of a conspiracy, since I could find no other affected by the same issue.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Yes. It is fixed now. What did you do?

And here I thought I was a victim of a conspiracy, since I could find no other affected by the same issue.

Either our PHP's time zone database was outdated for some time (only affects any more recent changes, like wherever Putin felt like making time zone adjustments in the last couple of years) or it somehow got replaced with an older version during the last PHP rebuild. In any event, we're using the latest now, so even Russia should be properly covered.

Nevill

Arcane
Strange. Other Russians on the 'Dex - in the same timezone with me, even - claimed that they haven't encountered the bug. :?

If that is of interest, I can start a separate thread about it where I would list everything that seems off about the forums - to add them to a to-do list or write them off as irrelevant as you see fit.
So, about this thread. Yay or nay?

Just to keep everything in one place.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
User reports aren't always reliable. *shrugs*

And yea, sure, make a list. *sigh*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom