Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tiny Tina's Wonderland...The new fantasy Borderlands

VonMiskov

Educated
I never understand how Tiny Tina was a fan favorite? I mean maybe for pedophiles that like loudmouth kids...

Peachcurl

Cipher
In case anyone here is still on the fence about Wonderland, they are releasing Assault on Dragon Keep as a standalone relaunch. Might give you a rough idea at least.

Importantly, if you already are soulless have an epic account you get it for free (until Nov. 16).

Ryzer

Prophet
Vatnik
This shit game got a new gameplay footage and it's just similar to Borderlands 3.

It's cringe as expected.

Last edited:

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Coming out tomorrow. Why are you sods not excited about this like I am? Do you people not play video games?

Massively improved loot mechanics. YAY!

Coming out tomorrow. Why are you sods not excited about this like I am? Do you people not play video games?

I'll probably play it in the relatively near future, sounds like it has split screen co-op on console so I may play it like that since there's so little couch co-op console stuff now. The thing that makes me most skeptical about it is this info about legendaries being rare like BL2 which is terrible. BL3 got ridiculous when you did the torment difficulties or whatever it was called, but when you were leveling and playing through the story it was nice to actually get fancy guns on occasion. Despised the loot in BL2 since I don't want to go repeat bosses over and over again, I just want to keep moving forward. And then if I'm having fun I can make a new character and pick up legendaries as I'm playing again, rather than "Play a single character for 500 hours to farm" mentality god damn it.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron

I'll probably play it in the relatively near future, sounds like it has split screen co-op on console so I may play it like that since there's so little couch co-op console stuff now. The thing that makes me most skeptical about it is this info about legendaries being rare like BL2 which is terrible. BL3 got ridiculous when you did the torment difficulties or whatever it was called, but when you were leveling and playing through the story it was nice to actually get fancy guns on occasion. Despised the loot in BL2 since I don't want to go repeat bosses over and over again, I just want to keep moving forward. And then if I'm having fun I can make a new character and pick up legendaries as I'm playing again, rather than "Play a single character for 500 hours to farm" mentality god damn it.

The farming at end game will be hand made dungeons with BL3 Mayhem modifiers. I liked Mayhem modifiers, but many do not.

flyingjohn

Arcane
The thing that makes me most skeptical about it is this info about legendaries being rare like BL2 which is terrible
It is actually worse.You can go through he entire campaign and get only one legendary if you are unlucky.
The focus on the luck stat is a complete failure.

The thing that makes me most skeptical about it is this info about legendaries being rare like BL2 which is terrible
It is actually worse.You can go through he entire campaign and get only one legendary if you are unlucky.
The focus on the luck stat is a complete failure.
That's actually not dissimilar to my BL2 experience. Been years but I'm fairly sure I only found one legendary (And I think it was a shield, because I remember being particularly pissed off since I never got unique guns) through BL2's campaign and most/all the DLC. While BL1 and 3 the drops were common enough you'd get them every hour or two (Again, ignoring BL3's higher difficulties which made enemies drop like 8 at once but you could only play difficulties like that if you were using a focused build with focused weapons anyway). I will admit that after talking to other people it sounded like I had especially bad luck with BL2 drops but it did sour me on the game a bit.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
The game has crisper combat compared to BL3. The game is fun. I saved the castle and just got the face machine unlocked. Izzy has shown me around the tavern.

The magic so far have been quite varied and enjoyable to use. I can't wait until I hit later levels.

Renevent

Cipher

My understanding is at a certain level you can spec into an additional skill tree, similar to Grim Dawn. Anyways been playing the game, not because I really wanted to but because my GF wanted to. Not much to say, it's Borderlands.

Kinda fun in parts but there's a lot that feels half baked. The overland map is a fun idea but it looks and controls like something from 20 years ago. I'm also finding it hard as fuck, which is weird because I've beaten every BL game and went through it's end game with ease. Not sure if I just got really unlucky with my drops but the enemies are absolute bullet sponges and hit like tanks. My GF is basically ready to call it quits since it's so difficult, though she is obv not very good at games. Honestly more frustrating so far than Elden Ring lol.

There's a ton of woke bullshit in the game too, including one of the main NPC's being a tranny and you have to kneel to her to progress the story. I can just imagine some pink hair weirdo at Gearbox patting themselves on the back with delight at that idea.

Basically, I do NOT recommend this for anyone here.

Last edited:

Kruno

Arcane
Patron

My understanding is at a certain level you can spec into an additional skill tree, similar to Grim Dawn. Anyways been playing the game, not because I really wanted to but because my GF wanted to. Not much to say, it's Borderlands.

Kinda fun in parts but there's a lot that feels half baked. The overland map is a fun idea but it looks and controls like something from 20 years ago. I'm also finding it hard as fuck, which is weird because I've beaten every BL game and went through it's end game with ease. Not sure if I just got really unlucky with my drops but the enemies are absolute bullet sponges and hit like tanks. My GF is basically ready to call it quits since it's so difficult, though she is obv not very good at games. Honestly more frustrating so far than Elden Ring lol.

There's a ton of woke bullshit in the game too, including one of the main NPC's being a tranny and you have to kneel to her to progress the story. I can just imagine some pink hair weirdo at Gearbox patting themselves on the back with delight at that idea.

Basically, I do NOT recommend this for anyone here.

I am enjoying it a ton.

Fedora Master it is your job to call me a cuck and tell me to stop posting.

I love the SJW content in the game!

Renevent

Cipher
I must have had bad rolls because now everything is fine difficulty wise. That said the amount of SJW bullshit in this game is probably the worst of any game I've ever seen. Trannies, dressing cool characters from previous games in tutu's, and quests that take 30 minutes of watching women work to foster their lesbian relationship and shit like that...it's crazy. And the worst part is unlike other RPG's where you can *click* *click* *click* to skip through the dialog to speed things along they force you to sit there and listen to every second of shitty dialog. This seriously might be the worst written game in the history of gaming.

Gearbox has been completely and utterly overrun, I wouldn't expect them to ever create a cool/fun game ever again.

*edit*

And yeah, at a specific level you do get to multi-class so theres at least that.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I must have had bad rolls because now everything is fine difficulty wise. That said the amount of SJW bullshit in this game is probably the worst of any game I've ever seen. Trannies, dressing cool characters from previous games in tutu's, and quests that take 30 minutes of watching women work to foster their lesbian relationship and shit like that...it's crazy. And the worst part is unlike other RPG's where you can *click* *click* *click* to skip through the dialog to speed things along they force you to sit there and listen to every second of shitty dialog. This seriously might be the worst written game in the history of gaming.

Gearbox has been completely and utterly overrun, I wouldn't expect them to ever create a cool/fun game ever again.

*edit*

And yeah, at a specific level you do get to multi-class so theres at least that.

zf6g3.jpg

deuxhero

Arcane

*edit*

I thought Anthony Burch was gone?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom