Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tiny Tina's Wonderland...The new fantasy Borderlands

Renevent

Cipher
I wouldn't expect them to ever create a cool/fun game ever again.

Serious question: Have they ever created a cool/fun game? I haven't played a lot of their stuff, but from what I have only Opposing Force was remotely cool or fun, and even that is technically not a full game.

For me personally the first couple Bordelands were great. Brothers in Arms was also really excellent, that game is slept on I think but was awesome.

Ryzer

Prophet
Vatnik
The first two borderlands games can be fun if you enable randomizer mod. That way, there is no need to farm whatever gun you want and you can just enjoy your ride through the whole game with thousands of different weapons. Otherwise borderlands games are dull imo.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
The chaos chamber (end game) actually makes this game worth it if your into looter shooters. It's random dungeons, no bs. The campaign is retarded, but it's a 10-15 hr affair if you rush it.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
What pronouns are you guys using?
I wish we could edit our pronouns.

I identify with apache/attack helicoper.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Quite a bunch of Path of Exile references in TT
Like Blank Slate (Tabula Rasa) item that have "Krangled" properties.

wishbonetail

Learned
Everyone says that writing is shit and not funny, i dunno. I always found B2 as pretty hilariuos schtick and getting to the next gag was the main reason i played it. Maybe, being not a native english speaker, im just that easily amused.

V17

Educated
I admit I actually laughed at the bonerfart/Butt stallion jokes which most people hated in B2. It's when the writers made an actual effort to create something more than toilet humor that I wanted to quit the game.

I thought the desolate setting and atmosphere of B1 was the one actually good thing about the game, including the humor, which was dumb, but relatively sparse compared to the sequels. Sadly the majority disagrees.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
thisshit.png

These are the people you attract with threads like this.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I have gone back to playing BL2.

Best review yet:
Buyers beware. Remember that cool thing Borderlands 1 had called weapon diversity and a bazillion guns, yeah don't expect that anymore. Spells and melee weapons are cool sure, the class system is very underwhelming and gets old repetitive and boring very quick. The uniqueness of each class and tree that was present in past titles, is completely gone. Sure some of the writing is good and makes you laugh like all of them. Did I mention it is half of the size of borderlands 3s Xbox X|S upgraded download, super small game. Enemy diversity is extremely lack luster, the guns are so so so boring. I literally refunded this game after about 12 hours, does not justify a 69.99 dollar purchase on XSX. Honestly it doesn't even qualify as a DLC for a Borderlands title, like you'd be so disappointed if you've played past games expecting it to be anything like that.

P.S. one of the easiest most boring titles yet, played on hardest difficulty from start and 12 hours later only died 2 times....

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wonderlands/comments/tqn8n6/most_underwhelming_title_yet/

He is right, and fuck the shills in the comments.

A few hours into this and it's fun so far. Have had a few oranges drop, gut feeling is it's a little less than BL3 but still far better than BL2 as far as drop-rate goes. Started off on hard but dropped back to normal since hard makes damage types more important which is a pain in the ass when you have 2 weapon slots available and you're picking up new weapons constantly. I wandered off into some gigantic goblin side-area and have been questing in there for a few hours and I kind of think I should've been focusing on the main story, not sure if multiclassing is gated behind a certain level or if it happens with a story beat or what but I figured I would've had access to it by now otherwise. Started with a necro with the intention of multiclassing ranger for maximum minions and I'm a bit leery on necro's active powers but once I got access to the hydra kill skill it's picked up a bit. Story-wise it's more enjoyable than BL3 and probably even BL2, barring Handsome Jack. Still has clinkers but dumb tabletop and fantasy bullshit's more entertaining. Majority of BL3 I glazed over and ignored everything every character was saying, Wonderlands I've been listening to everything except that goddamn goblin. I did end up disabling the PS5 dualsense trigger fuckery because while it's cool that each weapon type has unique feelings with the triggers it does slightly get in the way when you're playing an action RPG where you have to shotgun someone repeatedly to kill them and the shotgun's got a really stiff trigger pull to it, and fortunately they had the option to disable JUST the trigger stuff and keep the other crap around.

SumDrunkGuy

Not a single attractive female in that playable cast. I see a bull dyke, a troon, a ni- person of color, and a bunch of other degenerates. Everything has gone to shit. You can't get ONE single god damned mildly attractive female in this age of hell. The world has gone tits up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom