Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tips and Tricks for bettter performance.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
A collection of stuff that I have gathered over the years, seems to work, so why not share. Also please share any tips you have to make the game run better.

1) Run the game in borderless full screen. Simply go to options, graphics, display mode, and change to borderless full screen. If you are having issues with the game, like there is a black screen, then consider this:
Press win+r
Type regedit
Naviagte to:
HKEY_CURRENTUSER\Software\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Kingmaker\Kingmaker.FullscreenMode
Right click "Kingmaker.FullscreenMod" then click modify.
Modify the value data from "1" to "3".

2) Disable Anti aliasing, Bloom, Shadows, Cloth physics quality, Depth of field, Real time lighting, and also Grass density. While this will make the game look bad, it will help squeeze much needed performance.

3) Make sure you close other programs before running the game.

4) Go to Task Manager\Details\Kingmaker.exe
Right click Kingmaker.exe, then set priority to high.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Another important thing - game has memory leak that is very noticeable on low-RAM (<16GB) PCs. Closing the game and restarting it from desktop every 2-3 hours could do wonders, especially after intense traveling, with dozen of location loads.

And, however banal it may sound, most of the modern RPGs need SSD to get decent loading times. P:K is one of them. On same PC, difference in load speed between SSD and HDD could be easily x2+.

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Oh dear, I can't believe I forgot to mention this, but the game does suffer from save file bloat. For example, later in the game I've heard complaints of people experiencing huge slow down or lag. If you lower the amount of saves you have, you can avoid this. I generally only have around 3-5 saves in total. Sometimes I make copies of my save files then store them in a different directory, which helps lower the total amount of save files. Another suggestion is to use the cleaner mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/39

The above mod reduces the size of save files and even reduces the memory usage in game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom