Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tips and Tricks

denizsi

Arcane
I probably shouldn't share any more tips with all the ridicule but I just can not not share the unique tactical genius I happen to have, whether it will be appreciated or not. Defeat by trying and failing is better than not trying at all, so here it is:

The new and the ultimate, quick to set up bear trap (only to be used by a river):

(1) Keep a branch in your inventory, spot the bear, build this, stand there, and initiate combat:

B

X _ X _ X
_ _ _ _ _
X _ X _ X
X P _ _ _
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~

(2) Wait until the bear comes close enough and go inside:

X _ X _ X
_ P _ _ _
X _ X _ X
X _ B _ _ _
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~

(3) Use that branch to block the bear's exit.

X _ X _ X
_ _ _ _ _
X _ X P X
X _ B _ X _
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~

Good hunting.

denizsi

Arcane
You can, of course, use a single bear trap with 4 branches instead of 6, or instead of using a spare branch to seal the exit, you can quickly remove the branch on the bottom-right and replant it on the next tile but both of these increase the odds of a fuck up.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
denizsi said:
I probably shouldn't share any more tips with all the ridicule but I just can not not share the unique tactical genius I happen to have
Hey I just found a pic of Denizsi:
Omar_pasha.jpg

kazgar

Arcane
Anyone know a good way to increase Dex? i made a handful of piros today and ended up with 2 con gain (and a agl gain left over from a rabbit) rather annoyed as con's already my highest stat and things won't catch up at this rate.

Avu

Liturgist
roach and brill, use woodfish and bone hook. They need to be high q.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
kazgar said:
Anyone know a good way to increase Dex? i made a handful of piros today and ended up with 2 con gain (and a agl gain left over from a rabbit) rather annoyed as con's already my highest stat and things won't catch up at this rate.
By the way, you still want to sign up to Nova Codeksia (teh real one)?

Avu

Liturgist
Yes 50% chance for int but eating fish and pirotzky is a 25% chance for con 25% chance for int and a 50% chance for dex. Over the long run you will have twice as much dex as con and int.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
If you are using the JNLP version, then open the console (press ` or ´) and type HELP.

Otherwise you should be asked about the reso as you start the client for the first time. After that there is a config file you can edit.

RayvenQ

Novice
Here's a hint to give yourself some extra protection, shift+left click a cupboard on top of your cellar door to hide it.

Blxz

Educated
RayvenQ said:
Here's a hint to give yourself some extra protection, shift+left click a cupboard on top of your cellar door to hide it.

Less useful against griefers of course. Those that destroy cupboards for the lulz will just be even happier when they find your sexy little cellar. but useful tip none-the-less.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Brotip: Don't use crates for outdoor storage. They decay in 2 hits, spilling stuff all over.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom