Official RPG Codex Discord Server

  1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

    "This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Tips and Tricks

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by DarkUnderlord, Nov 7, 2009.

  1. denizsi Arcane

    denizsi
    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2005
    Messages:
    9,927
    Location:
    bosphorus
    I probably shouldn't share any more tips with all the ridicule but I just can not not share the unique tactical genius I happen to have, whether it will be appreciated or not. Defeat by trying and failing is better than not trying at all, so here it is:

    The new and the ultimate, quick to set up bear trap (only to be used by a river):

    (1) Keep a branch in your inventory, spot the bear, build this, stand there, and initiate combat:

    (2) Wait until the bear comes close enough and go inside:

    (3) Use that branch to block the bear's exit.

    Good hunting.
     
    ^ Top  
  2. denizsi Arcane

    denizsi
    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2005
    Messages:
    9,927
    Location:
    bosphorus
    You can, of course, use a single bear trap with 4 branches instead of 6, or instead of using a spare branch to seal the exit, you can quickly remove the branch on the bottom-right and replant it on the next tile but both of these increase the odds of a fuck up.
     
    ^ Top  
  3. poocolator Erudite

    poocolator
    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2008
    Messages:
    7,948
    Location:
    The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
    Hey I just found a pic of Denizsi:
    [​IMG]
     
    ^ Top  
  4. denizsi Arcane

    denizsi
    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2005
    Messages:
    9,927
    Location:
    bosphorus
    FAIL. He converted to islam.
     
    ^ Top  
  5. poocolator Erudite

    poocolator
    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2008
    Messages:
    7,948
    Location:
    The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
    I always thought you were just an anti-Muslim Muslim.
     
    ^ Top  
  6. denizsi Arcane

    denizsi
    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2005
    Messages:
    9,927
    Location:
    bosphorus
    You haven't been paying attention then.
     
    ^ Top  
  7. poocolator Erudite

    poocolator
    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2008
    Messages:
    7,948
    Location:
    The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
    Nope.
     
    ^ Top  
  8. kazgar Arcane

    kazgar
    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2008
    Messages:
    2,164
    Location:
    Upside Down
    Anyone know a good way to increase Dex? i made a handful of piros today and ended up with 2 con gain (and a agl gain left over from a rabbit) rather annoyed as con's already my highest stat and things won't catch up at this rate.
     
    ^ Top  
  9. Avu Liturgist

    Avu
    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2007
    Messages:
    351
    roach and brill, use woodfish and bone hook. They need to be high q.
     
    ^ Top  
  10. pipka Savant

    pipka
    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2009
    Messages:
    1,351
    Location:
    The Penal Zone
    This, but dont use q199 bone hooks. You'll get only perch.
     
    ^ Top  
  11. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

    Haba
    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2008
    Messages:
    1,869,910
    Location:
    Land of Rape & Honey ❤️
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Mind you, fish will end up you with Int gain instead...

    The same 50/50 chance.
     
    ^ Top  
  12. DarkUnderlord Professional Throne Sitter

    DarkUnderlord
    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2002
    Messages:
    26,408
    By the way, you still want to sign up to Nova Codeksia (teh real one)?
     
    ^ Top  
  13. Avu Liturgist

    Avu
    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2007
    Messages:
    351
    Yes 50% chance for int but eating fish and pirotzky is a 25% chance for con 25% chance for int and a 50% chance for dex. Over the long run you will have twice as much dex as con and int.
     
    ^ Top  
  14. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

    Haba
    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2008
    Messages:
    1,869,910
    Location:
    Land of Rape & Honey ❤️
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    If you are using the JNLP version, then open the console (press ` or ´) and type HELP.

    Otherwise you should be asked about the reso as you start the client for the first time. After that there is a config file you can edit.
     
    ^ Top  
  15. RayvenQ Novice

    RayvenQ
    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2010
    Messages:
    67
    Here's a hint to give yourself some extra protection, shift+left click a cupboard on top of your cellar door to hide it.
     
    ^ Top  
  16. Blxz Educated

    Blxz
    Joined:
    May 1, 2010
    Messages:
    72
    Location:
    Australia
    Less useful against griefers of course. Those that destroy cupboards for the lulz will just be even happier when they find your sexy little cellar. but useful tip none-the-less.
     
    ^ Top  
  17. Spectacle Arcane Patron

    Spectacle
    Joined:
    May 25, 2006
    Messages:
    7,611
    Brotip: Don't use crates for outdoor storage. They decay in 2 hits, spilling stuff all over.
     
    ^ Top  
  18. SoKvadratish Novice

    SoKvadratish
    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2011
    Messages:
    45
    ^ Top  
  19. Uno Educated

    Uno
    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2011
    Messages:
    56
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.