Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Titan Outpost Release Thread

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Thanks. Can't reproduce it either. I'll sleep on it.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/944180/view/5458885106166869901

1.22 Update

Some more fixes and improvements.

Again, thanks for the input, everyone.

Changelog

Improvements
  • Esc and Space skip cutscenes rather than any key. Useful if you want to make screenshots during a cutscene.
  • Free camera position now restored after cutscenes, not just after loading.
  • Asking the Helene Ambassador for assistance with the final showdown has one less prerequisite (you can still change the goal to 'sue for world peace' to get a 10 difficulty negotiation like before).

Fixes
  • Drone bug fixed where Tank 1 could get stuck on multiple locations if it went to Bolsena Lacus and then spread.
  • Containers wouldn't reset after restarting a new game after finishing it under certain circumstances. The game should now reset universally when creating a new character no matter how you end it or if you die.
  • EMP cannon at Doom Mons will appear if you place it, leave, restore and go back.
  • Player character turn radius decreased at Doom Mons so smaller characters will trigger the exit interaction more easily.
  • Coming back to Doom Mons after placing the EMP cannon will get the morale boost from the beautiful view, but acknowledge that the cannon is there.
  • Can now tell Karl what IPMS tells you in the very first conversation even if you skip that conversation right after.
  • Added missing dialogue audio for Karen (Chinese email).
  • Ling acknowledges that Daxia has finished her nitrogen modifications at the Outpost no matter what path she took.
  • Bolsena Lacus total methane content fixed.
  • Vaenern Lacus group total methane content fixed.
  • Opening and canceling a pump hookup action will no longer block ESC key
  • Extra surge button removed. Surge buttons conform to the new UI.

Last edited by a moderator:

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
When the Nexus lands, it'll be outside the base. It looks like a big orange egg.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
After you get a survey mission from Horst, the location shows up on the world map.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I have surveyed the Menura Crater. The quest log says it's done (with a check mark). However when I talk to Herschel I can't bring it up. But the quest still remains in the list with my active quests.

Herschel and I are back to talking about building super computers.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Horst should point you to a new one when you ask him about more missions. There are three survey missions for Herschel: Menvra Crater, Hetpet Regio and Guabonito. If you haven't built and powered a computer room yet, he won't give you more after Menvra.

He also won't give you more if the orbital realignment quest comes up and you haven't helped him with that yet.

Technomancer

Liturgist
How do I fix the goddamn tower? I have zero negotiation, construction, science or hacking and my physicality is lacking. Did I just soft-lock myself?

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
You ask Karen to do it and take the reputation hit for a failed negotiation. I assume you have logistics points if you didn't take any of the others, so your salary hit will be offset by the passive modifiers of that skill.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Horst should point you to a new one when you ask him about more missions. There are three survey missions for Herschel: Menvra Crater, Hetpet Regio and Guabonito. If you haven't built and powered a computer room yet, he won't give you more after Menvra.

He also won't give you more if the orbital realignment quest comes up and you haven't helped him with that yet.
I see! But shouldn't I at least be able to tell him that I've surveyed Menvra Crater even if I haven't built the computer room yet? I understand he won't give me any new missions.

Btw Horst is a really nicely written character and perfectly voiced.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
I see! But shouldn't I at least be able to tell him that I've surveyed Menvra Crater even if I haven't built the computer room yet? I understand he won't give me any new missions.

Btw Horst is a really nicely written character and perfectly voiced.

Good point. I'll add something to that effect.

Thanks! He was voiced by a guy named Jan Schwermann. He's not an actor but does commercial VO in German and I typecast him. He did a really great job.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Speaking of Logistics: it felt rather useless as a skill, even without raising it at all I always found myself with a (sometimes yuge) surplus of methane. Did it have any other application asides from that and helping coordinate drone help when the rover gets stuck?

The other skills seemed to have way more usability than that. Next time I replay I think I'll go with a brain-dead brawler, I really want to pass that skill check to avoid the suffocation death-threat. And then take rightful revenge on it.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
It's the most passive skill, but it's also got the most widespread bonuses. Near the end, the demand for methane goes up exponentially so if you want to keep IASA happy and get the elusive and bleak 'toe-the-line' ending it's pretty useful. There are also plenty of skill checks involving logistics.

Yeah, having 10 in physicality opens up some interesting options! Not many players have done that so far.

Technomancer

Liturgist
You ask Karen to do it and take the reputation hit for a failed negotiation. I assume you have logistics points if you didn't take any of the others, so your salary hit will be offset by the passive modifiers of that skill.
Zero logistics, 10 awareness, and 4 exploration baby! As for Karen that's the thing, game bugs out when I try to negotiate with her with that zero negotiation trait. Guess that's the price I must pay for trying out the outdated "demo" from pirate sites. And my bank fucked up the steam transaction so it got stuck in limbo for a day, I will miss the discount, fuck!

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Just tested that and it works fine in the current build. I really can't keep track of all those pirated versions, but I already talked about that.

Yeah, the Halloween discount thingy only lasts a couple of days.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Just tested that and it works fine in the current build. I really can't keep track of all those pirated versions, but I already talked about that.

Yeah, the Halloween discount thingy only lasts a couple of days.
The pirated version is 1.21.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Bought it full price. Already can see some bugs. Look tab in character creation does not save body sliders when you cycle through them. Just set every slider to the left and cycle through body, arms and legs tabs and you will see your sliders resetting to default values. Pretty annoying when you try to make a character.

Also I got one step ahead of the tutorial and disabled hydroponics and enabled construction bot before going to sleep and fixing the tower. Tutorial misses that fact and later asks me to do the things that cannot be done since I already did them. Like when it asks to power on the construction bot I instead disable it because it was already powered on, then AI asks me to wait for stuff to be finished but it's finished already. There needs to be a lock during tutorial that prevents you from doing stuff prematurely or tutorial should reconginse your actions to make sense.

Last edited:

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Bought it full price. Already can see some bugs. Look tab in character creation does not save body sliders when you cycle through them. Just set every slider to the left and cycle through body, arms and legs tabs and you will see your sliders resetting to default values. Pretty annoying when you try to make a character.

Also I got one step ahead of the tutorial and disabled hydroponics and enabled construction bot before going to sleep and fixing the tower. Tutorial misses that fact and later asks me to do the things that cannot be done since I already did them. Like when it asks to power on the construction bot I instead disable it because it was already powered on, then AI asks me to wait for stuff to be finished but it's finished already. There needs to be a lock during tutorial that prevents you from doing stuff prematurely or tutorial should reconginse your actions to make sense.

Cool. Hope you're having fun!

Valid points. Not exactly bugs, though.

The character generation could use a QoL update because I agree those sliders can be annoying, but it's not bugged. It just expects you to define and aspect and stick with it. Sliders resetting was a requested feature very early on, but I should have added a 'reset to default' button instead. It was on my to-do list at some point but never made it in. Thanks for reminding me.

If you leave the tutorial on, it will tell you what to do and expect you to do it step by step. I went to great lengths to make sure it doesn't break the game if you ignore it, but it will break itself. Its purpose is to teach new players. I guess I could make it so that it turns itself off if you ignore it more than once or something, but ultimately something like that is up to the player. Every tutorial pop-up has the 'skip' button.

The tutorial is already reasonably context-sensitive, but it's quite impossible to cover everything with it. The game is so non-linear that you can literally make a beeline for the
Chinese base
as soon as you fix the tower and finish the game that way. Locking people out is something I didn't want to do, I'd rather leave it up to the player.

Technomancer

Liturgist
those sliders can be annoying, but it's not bugged. It just expects you to define and aspect and stick with it.
I mean that some of them save but some don't, so it seemed kinda buggy. No solid pattern or logic. Like in torso all things save except height.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Thank you MF for answering our questions!

I have to ask what happens if you turn of the oxygen while you leave the base to go with the rover somewhere. I mean if no one is at the base then no one would consume oxygen there and then the level of oxygen would remain the same when you come back as when you left. So I would like to know what happens if you turn off oxygen while you're not there? If you for example would like to power the research station instead.

Also heating, do you have to have it on permanently?

Last edited:

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have to ask what happens if you turn of the oxygen while you leave the base to go with the rover somewhere. I mean if no one is at the base then no one would consume oxygen there and then the level of oxygen would remain the same when you come back as when you left. So I would like to now what happens if you turn off oxygen while you're not there? If you for example would like to power the research station instead.
This makes sense. I assumed it was the case and left it off for going to Feia Lacus, and it was fine.
Yep, there's equipment in the base that can't withstand low temperatures.

Technomancer

Liturgist
That sensor item, its says it raises my awareness during search by +1, does it have any effect if my awareness is already 10?

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Thank you MF for answering our questions!

I have to ask what happens if you turn of the oxygen while you leave the base to go with the rover somewhere. I mean if no one is at the base then no one would consume oxygen there and then the level of oxygen would remain the same when you come back as when you left. So I would like to now what happens if you turn off oxygen while you're not there? If you for example would like to power the research station instead.

Happy to. Oxygen isn't used if you're in the rover. With NPCs it's sort of implied that manage it when you leave, but when you reach the point where they join you the oxygen generator consumes a marginal amount of power anyway so that doesn't matter. Leaving the heat off for too long means game over no matter what.

This makes sense. I assumed it was the case and left it off for going to Feia Lacus, and it was fine.

Yep, there's equipment in the base that can't withstand low temperatures.

Exactly.

That sensor item, its says it raises my awareness during search by +1, does it have any effect if my awareness is already 10?

For search purposes, it'll be 11.

About the character generator, the way some sliders are reset and others are not makes sense under the hood, but like I said, I put it back on my list.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom