Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Titanfall 2

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Gerrard, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. StrongBelwas Learned Patron

StrongBelwas
    Apparently the first one sold 10 million copies, so someone must have enjoyed it. :?

• Despair Despair x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. hajro Savant

hajro
    Well its the most fun multiplayer fps of the last decade but its ok you know

^ Top  
  4. Llama-Yak Hybrid Wild Sheep Dumbfuck

Llama-Yak Hybrid
    I can assure you that once somebody will want to make a fangame they'll remind themselves about it and send C&D.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    Last I heard the number of active players for it was below 5 digits. Out of 10 million? Pretty impressive.

I'm sure most of those suckers will still buy the second one though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
  7. BlackAdderBG Arcane Patron

BlackAdderBG
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    That 10m is highly misleading,as the game was 5$ and part of that xbox monthly thing,plus had free weekends on PC.Also that is probably 10m players not sales.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Astral Rag Arcane

Astral Rag
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I have to admit, that multiplayer trailer looked pretty sweet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Might be more fun than battlefield 1 which is same old same old

• Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Soulcucker Learned

Soulcucker
    I played the beta last week. I liked it but some of the changes made the game worse off than the original, primarily the new rodeo mechanic and the maps in the beta were pretty weak for pilot movement. The playerbase was vocal enough that Respawn made some changes during the beta after people complained to them (upped pilot wall running speed and added Titanfall meter accumulation). Too much of the game was locked off to make a solid judgement of this game vs the original, though it looks like it will not be threadbare like the original when it comes to content.

^ Top  
  13. Leechmonger Savant

Leechmonger
    I haven't played the Titanfall 2 beta because it wasn't on PC (bad sign), but from the videos I've seen of it and my experience with the BF1 beta Titanfall 2 looks like the better game. I definitely won't buy BF1; I might play Titanfall 2.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. markec Twitterbot Patron

markec
    Codex 2012 Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I remember seeing multiplayer trailer for first Titanfall and thinking it looks pretty damn fun. Bought the game on a sale for 10$, started playing and then found out it has 6v6 player limit.

Heard this shit is the same, so not interested.

^ Top  
  15. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    I watched some videos of guys doing the time trial thing and the player character moves so slowly there is no possible explanation for the ability to run on walls besides shooting fire out his ass.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. IHaveHugeNick Arcane

IHaveHugeNick
    First game was amazing, honest to God best fun I had in multiplayer FPS in a decade. It lacked staying power for some reason though, I got maybe 4-5 weeks out of it before I quit. But those 4-5 weeks were an absolute blast. Hopefully they'll fix whatever it was missing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb

Titanfall 2 max is 8v8... could be 12v12 atleast

But with lower number of players, like in counter strike 5v5, you have more impact on the play

^ Top  
  18. vortex Fabulous Optimist

vortex
  19. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    So, this was released, but: http://www.pcgamer.com/ea-share-pri...ubstantially-disappointing-titanfall-2-sales/

• Funny Funny x 2
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    deterministic system > RNG

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    Notice how they decided to release it between BF and CoD. Again.

^ Top  
  22. Soulcucker Learned

Soulcucker
    Yeah I have been playing it, it is pretty good.

Multiplayer feels like one step forward one step backwards in many ways. The maps are a mixed bag, some maps have that TF1 feel where you can constantly chain jumps while others seem to put road blocks in various path or have large sections with little to wall jump on. Also the maps feel somewhat over designed compared to TF1 in that they are all designed around lanes where as in TF1 they had a ring + open area design. I prefer the Titans in this game where each one has a fixed loadout with a few tweak since it force the player to learn each Titan, will be good when they balance the meta (40mm is OP again). Pilot abilities are more plentiful and are useful outside of stim this time around, but some are pretty cheap (this game has the cheapest version of cloak I have ever seen).

Singleplayer is good and even creative, but way too short (4 hours).

Hopefully it lives and gets a lot of post launch support, PC population was hovering at 3-4 thousand lastnight.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. tormund Arcane

tormund
    P surprising how there is next to no talk about this game, given the insane amount of hype around first one. I had no idea that it was even out.

^ Top  
  24. vortex Fabulous Optimist

vortex
    Single player is fun but short. Combined with remarkable level design, it's 3D shooter platformer. Story is not something to write about but player and titan interactions were designed great. I don't understand EA release window with BF1. T2 single player is far better than BF1.
    No wonder ME Andromeda is not in the spotlight of EA marketing. They want to give BF1 and T2 as much attention as possible post launch.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. markec Twitterbot Patron

markec
    Codex 2012 Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Lets make a sequel to a multiplayer game whose servers were empty month after launch.

Then lets release the game just as two biggest franchises in the same genre are also launching their new games.

What could possibly go wrong.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.