Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Titanfall 2

Tehdagah

Arcane
the titan weapons are not hitscan and no fps has complex movement, at the very least, this one is fun. It's no mirrors edge, but neither was doom.
No single player FPS

Origin

Augur
OK, I'm really surprised how good singleplayer is.

Weapon feeling is unmatched IMO.

Also, how in the hell they managed to pump up Source 1 engine so much? It looks and runs great.

Citizen

Best modern FPS in both SP and MP
Very high praise.

It's not a very high bar to clear to be honest. This game is fantastic though, you can wallrun, slidehop, accelerate yourself into stratosphere with the grapple and combining these three techniques lets you go incredibly fast.

This game has the best CTF mode ever, maybe even better than tribes

Beowulf

Arcane
Well, it is tightly designed, I'll give them that. It also looks really nice and performs well.
But I was also underwhelmed by the SP campaign, after it has been advertised to me as the best modern FPS.
MP is nice, I really liked how they incorporated the mechs into gamemodes. But it's too fast paced for me and the skill ceiling is incredibly high. Experienced player can really run in circles around the less experienced ones and farm frags, while the poor bastards will try to score a lucky hit every now and then. There also usual meta weapons and you might get bored fighting players using the same loadout every match.
I guess if you have some free time and are into competitive twitch shooters you will like it more than I did.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I was always curious to try out this one
If nothing just to see if it lives up to the hype

Since this week the game is at a ridiculously low price, I decided to finally give it a go
Best 3 euros I've ever spent, holy shit this game is good

:thumbsup:

Still haven't finished the campaign, but so far each level has been tight, unique and memorable
Even the tutorial level is worth replaying
The only thing bugging me about the campaign is the fact it's very short (4 hours in, and I am already past it's half way point)

Also played around 12 matches of multiplayer
And I can already see myself easily dropping 50+ hours into it

Both the soldier and mech gameplay are quite fun and for distinct reasons
As a soldier this game feels like a synthesis between CoD and Quake - like CoD because you get hp regen paired with very quick kills ; Quake for the fast skill-based movement and generous aiming zone
Then the mechs are not as agile as soldiers (but they're not slow), but get tremendous armor and, imo the key to their success, a quite versatile array of weapons and tools (while still possessing distinct qualities and specializations between mech classes)
Also helps that the level design is quite good and confortably accommodates both playstyles - with plenty of open spaces for mechs, but enough buildings to take cover from other mechs and anti-titan weaponry; and enough bottlenecks for soldiers to squeeze and flee away from mechs, plus you can use almost any wall to gain speed (so you can get pretty creative with how you traverse the maps)

The biggest problem with the multiplayer is the fact, that outside of the "Atrition" game mode (team deathmatch) you'll have a hard time finding matches
Also, it is a shame there's no server browser and players can't host their own servers (not without unofficial tools that is)

But overall, 3 euros for this is a steal

And it's sad that this game's potential success was so heavily undermined by EA's stupidity

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Also for anyone that already owns the game, this seems pretty cool :

https://northstar.tf/

Northstar is a modding framework client that allows users to host their own Titanfall 2 servers using custom scripts and assets to create custom content

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom