Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Titanfall (Respawn shooter)

The 'forced bots' are a good addition and accomplish what the game devs obviously had in mind. Not that the average edgy codexer would understand
Yes, what the devs had in mind was to dumb the game down further so that even worse players could play.

DakaSha

Arcane
The 'forced bots' are a good addition and accomplish what the game devs obviously had in mind. Not that the average edgy codexer would understand
Yes, what the devs had in mind was to dumb the game down further so that even worse players could play.

Oh look. Predictable, uninformed, codex bullshit. What a surprise.
There is no doubt the game is a modern popamole shooter, but your lifes goal of crying about modern shit would have a lot more weight to it if you would actually inform yourselves about shit instead of relying on codex 'solidarity' to confirm your worthless assumptions

DakaSha

Arcane
wahhh you're wrong but I can't say why because any reason I could give is obvious bullshit

Insightful post you have there.

Or maybe I already know what the response to anything will be:

Waaah modern popamole, waaah EA, Waaaah no skill play quake instead, Waaah Origin, Waaah i have no idea wtf im talkign about but crying about this shit makes me look like an oldschool gamer who knows what hes talking about

Same shit over and over in anything to do with this type of shit.

Why bother posting in the first place if your response to anything is going to be that you are too busy to bother posting? Clearly you shouldn't be wasting any time in this thread when you could be playing piss-poor shooters.

DakaSha

Arcane
Why bother posting in the first place if your response to anything is going to be that you are too busy to bother posting? Clearly you shouldn't be wasting any time in this thread when you could be playing piss-poor shooters.

Because im not trying to make you like a game you wouldnt play due to fearing it would make you look like a CoD kiddie, and not the supposed monocled gentleman you think you are. I'm here to tell you that you are a wannabe elitist codex cocksucker that will shit on stuff purely because of the letters EA being on the cover, making you no better than the retards that will buy it for the same reason.

You're both extremely vague.

It's quite simple. Bots give bad players something to kill so they can pretend to be good at the game. Modern shooters in general look to dilute the effects of player skill as much as possible because the game isn't fun for bad players if they get killed constantly without getting kills themselves.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Guyses, let me just say one thing.

dungeon-keeper.jpg

Take a long, hard, focused look at this image. Then look at it again, leave your house, roll a bit on the yard, smear your face in dogshit, return, look at it again, and ask yourself this: "Do I really want to buy more EA games?"

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I call bullshit on that. Yeah, this game is a popamole shooter, but the AI bots have nothing to do with that. Woud the game be any better without bots? No, it wouldn't. But AI bots are a great tool for the less experienced players to do something in the game. Because not everybody is hardcore like yourself.

Modern shooters in general look to dilute the effects of player skill as much as possible because the game isn't fun for bad players if they get killed constantly without getting kills themselves.
So what? Some people are just not as dexterous as others, and getting constantly raped by pros.

DakaSha

Arcane
I call bullshit on that. Yeah, this game is a popamole shooter, but the AI bots have nothing to do with that. Woud the game be any better without bots? No, it wouldn't. But AI bots are a great tool for the less experienced players to do something in the game. Because not everybody is hardcore like yourself.

Modern shooters in general look to dilute the effects of player skill as much as possible because the game isn't fun for bad players if they get killed constantly without getting kills themselves.
So what? Some people are just not as dexterous as others, and getting constantly raped by pros.

Apart from the whole 'skill' thing being a moronic way to rate a game, AM is (mostly) wrong about the point of the bots anyways. There really is no point in arguing with him about it because he saw the game, drew conclusions, and will now defend them regardless.

The bots do have (moderate) gameplay effects AND they act as fodder.

Although there is no doubt that bad players will enjoy raping bots (and wtf is wrong with that anyways? they buy the shit to have fun), it actually adds to the experience. you are supposed to belong to an elite force, regardless of your actual real life skill. The average human in the universe (bot) is no match for you. You run along walls, jump around like a fag and murder them. Then you come across a player, who is also supposed to be a part of this elite force and your 'skill' is now tested. You know, just as it should be. Its also a reaosn why the whole 6v6 thing feels right. Just like every action movie in existence, its a couple of stars that kick ass with a bunch of dying extras surrounding them. The game isnt trying to be anything else but a fun action romp, and so far it seems like it does that well.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this. Its like saying that games in which you play a super hero is stupid if the average pedestrian cant one shot you if you arent a super hardcore pro gamerzzzzzz like AM.

For the record bot kills are a completely separate part of your score, so even if the sole reason for their inclusion was for the idiot reason that AM mentioned, its not like anybody with half a brain is going to give a shit about your 40 bot kills when you went 2/12 against the pilots. (Although if you get 100 bot kills in attrition, then you did pretty damn well since it actually matters)

Last edited:

DakaSha

Arcane
Yes. One of those increases impact of individual team mates, the other allows people to play like shit and still win 50% of the time. What a genius you are.

Hey guys, the game doesnt follow exactly the same formula as every other shooter out there. We can now point the finger at the small things it does different, and that we don't understand, and declare decline again. yay!

Destroid

Arcane
I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess that adding fodder bots will make it play a bit like a moba.

DeepOcean

Arcane
From what I understand they added the bots because they tried to compensate the lack of single player by making a single player and multiplayer fusion. Each map represent a military opperation on a war and the bots are there to create the illusion of a large scale battle. I think that the 6 vs 6 limit is because each player can call a titan and a bigger number of players could really make the map crowded as there would be titans everywhere.

DakaSha

Arcane
I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess that adding fodder bots will make it play a bit like a moba.

There are very slight elements, yes. But its not nearly as important as in a moba. At least form what i can tell

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'm probably buying Garden Warfare but there hasn't been an EA game that's interested me in years.

Whiran

Magister
It's quite simple. Bots give bad players something to kill so they can pretend to be good at the game. Modern shooters in general look to dilute the effects of player skill as much as possible because the game isn't fun for bad players if they get killed constantly without getting kills themselves.
The end game score still shows how many PLAYERS one killed.

So if you are so focused on that as your metric for being good it's right there for you.

I like the bots. I was defending positions in the capture the flag mode and had a squad of bots as my co-defenders. They were surprisingly useful and did some neat things.

First, there was a captain bot who was stronger and acted more "intelligently" than the grunt bots.

He would tell the other bots what to do and they would do it. I found that mildly amusing to watch and listen to while holding the position.

Next, the bots chatter and let you know what's going on around corners and the like. This kind of information is super useful since it allowed me to know of an enemy player's advance, circle around them, and shoot them from behind like the baddie that I am. Seriously, I am bad at FPS type games. Well, average I suppose but I feel bad.

At the end of the day this game is good because it is FUN. It is fun to play. There are enough different game things to do crammed into relatively short periods of play (like 15-25 minutes per match) that it remains enjoyable.

Plus the titan thing - you can set your titan on auto-follow mode so it acts like a pet. Then you can watch other players shoot your titan while you shoot them. There are a fair number of options on how to use your titan that it isn't just running around inside your titan all the time.

Marketing plants in full force.

Although there is no doubt that bad players will enjoy raping bots (and wtf is wrong with that anyways? they buy the shit to have fun), it actually adds to the experience. you are supposed to belong to an elite force, regardless of your actual real life skill. The average human in the universe (bot) is no match for you. You run along walls, jump around like a fag and murder them. Then you come across a player, who is also supposed to be a part of this elite force and your 'skill' is now tested. You know, just as it should be. Its also a reaosn why the whole 6v6 thing feels right. Just like every action movie in existence, its a couple of stars that kick ass with a bunch of dying extras surrounding them. The game isnt trying to be anything else but a fun action romp, and so far it seems like it does that well.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this. Its like saying that games in which you play a super hero is stupid if the average pedestrian cant one shot you if you arent a super hardcore pro gamerzzzzzz like AM.

For the record bot kills are a completely separate part of your score, so even if the sole reason for their inclusion was for the idiot reason that AM mentioned, its not like anybody with half a brain is going to give a shit about your 40 bot kills when you went 2/12 against the pilots. (Although if you get 100 bot kills in attrition, then you did pretty damn well since it actually matters)

It's a multiplayer game. It's supposed to be a test of your skill vs. other players. Not "lets see who can gangrape bots faster". Anything that takes away from this takes away from the multiplayer.

And don't pretend the game isn't centered around farming bot kills.

ZxmUUSx.jpg

-#1 ranked player by only bot farming.
-bots scored *zero* player kills, as you can see by comparing pilot kills to deaths
-hurr durr bots play a vital part in this PvP game.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's a multiplayer game. It's supposed to be a test of your skill vs. other players. Not "lets see who can gangrape bots faster". Anything that takes away from this takes away from the multiplayer.
This is a dumb statement to make.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom