Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

To Lionheart producers . Make the interface smaller.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite

Fiver

Novice
Man, I have to agree. That looks like it eats up WAY too much screen real estate.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Fiver said:
Man, I have to agree. That looks like it eats up WAY too much screen real estate.

Which isn't at all good for a action CRPG at all. When you're horde wading, you need to see what's going on around you to know what's coming, where you can back up to, and so on. There's nothing worse than getting slaughtered because you ran the wrong way because you couldn't see very far at all because of the huge interface.

The humorous part is that one of the reasons they mentioned they needed a pause for Lionheart's combat is to scroll your view around. :roll:

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
I think Ed said they were trying to make the interface customizable, you can already hide it and bring it back up. But yea, listen to Rosh's advice.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Killzig said:
I think Ed said they were trying to make the interface customizable, you can already hide it and bring it back up. But yea, listen to Rosh's advice.

He never told me that. He said, "Our interface is only a couple pixels bigger than Icewind Dale 2's" to me.

To which, I said, "You left out the word hundred, Eric!" :D

Rosh

Erudite
Killzig said:

Ah, so it's like this:

Pause
Scroll the viewpoint around
Essentially do the same thing as you would in turn-based
Unpause

Wait, that's how it's pretty much with the Inbred Engine. Here's how Loinfart got worse:

Pause
Scroll the viewpoint around
Expand the interface
Essentially do the same thing as you would in turn-based
Drop down the interface out of sight again
Unpause

Wow, worse than the Inbred Engine. That takes effort!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom