Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls Todd Howard Appreciation Thread

what do you think of Todd?

• i like him and i like bethesda

• he's a nice guy but i'm not getting scammed again

• i'd play bethesda games, don't care about todd tho

• i don't like him, i don't like bethesda games, and i only play turn-based games

• who is todd? (kc)

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
This is from an interview he did a few years back.

Well it is clear that this was completely someone's joke.
But I would not rule out that the guy really thinks like this.

Still I would like to respond on this one.

My imprint on this industry, my legacy,

Yes, like a shit stain that can't be removed despite how hard you keep scrubbing it.
Literally the only way to get rid of it is to completely break the thing it is on and replace it.

tritosine2k

Erudite
aHMZNEr.png

Christ.
Enlighten me how's that not fitting of a facetious post.

BruceVC

Magister
Imagine being hyped for any Bethesda game in 2021 AD.

Sometimes i envy some people's simplicity. I really do.
I'm really hyped for Daggerfall in 2021 - Unity version should hit 1.0 before end of the year.

Looking at official remakes of Gothic 1, Baldur's Gate, Mass Effect and GTA - Todd and Bethesda do not get enough praise for NOT bastardizing their classics for a quick buck :P
Thats excellent news, I played Daggerfall Unity about 12 months ago but I didnt use the right mods for graphics and their was something wrong with the all character portraits so I stopped playing it

But that was a mistake and I will now wait for this Unity update and play it then :salute:

ferratilis

Magister
Todd hasn't changed a bit since 1997
KPvk1RL.png

if you question the validity of this, it's from an old usenet group, here's the archive:
https://groups.google.com/g/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg/c/S72d8jRFAaE

A few other interesting Todd moments from the 90s, with sources:
-Todd advocating for 60fps all the way back in 96
-Top 5 RPGs circa 2000
-Top 10 most anticipated games circa 2000
-Educating a consumer on how best to spend their money

Cazzeris

Todd Howard is like a politician. It's hard to blame him for being popular

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I want Fallout 5 to be underwater with Bioshock style vaults and more immersive. Imagine the whole world submerged because living on surface is too hot and radioactive. Water and oceans are radoiactive so you have to live in underwater and underocean cities and tunnels and vaults.

4f12.jpg

wishbonetail

Learned
I want Fallout 5 to be underwater with Bioshock style vaults and more immersive. Imagine the whole world submerged because living on surface is too hot and radioactive. Water and oceans are radoiactive so you have to live in underwater and underocean cities and tunnels and vaults.

4f12.jpg
If water and oceans are radioactive you wouldn't want to live underwater, trust me.
Also, there'll be no Fallout 5, there is only fallout76- the pinnacle of creation from our Lord and saviour.

Codex Year of the Donut

4f12.jpg
all octopi are sentient though

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
If water and oceans are radioactive you wouldn't want to live underwater, trust me.
Let us say there are new species an Algae who would clean and remove all radioactivity on the bottom of the ocean and all unclean water would stay close to surface, so humankind would need to go deeper to the ocean and reproduce more algae to stay alive.

wishbonetail

Learned
Let us say there are new species an Algae who would clean and remove all radioactivity on the bottom of the ocean and all unclean water would stay close to surface, so humankind would need to go deeper to the ocean and reproduce more algae to stay alive.
Sounds fascinating.. but not like Fallout at all.

FriendlyMerchant

Seriously. Three TES games and three Fallout spinoffs and Todd still hasn't even come close to surpassing the masterpiece which is Daggerfall. Based on how things are going, he'll never surpass it. Daggerfall Unity therefore will be the best TES game ever made when it's done.
xzLjOpy.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom