Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ToEE: Animal companion stats and item crafting

Jarinor

Liturgist
Okay, I have several questions regarding these:

1. What are the stats for the various animals? I'm sure the chicken is really vicious, but just how vicious?

2. Based on the above (or own experience) which is the best companion (for druids and/or rangers)? Is it best to summon them ASAP, or will an animal summoned for the first time by a level 10 druid be the same as an animal first summoned by a level 1 druid who is now level 10?

3. What happens when the companion dies? Can it come back?

Alrighty, item creation now:

1. Please tell me there are more than 3 rods available.

2. What the hell does 'Mighty Cleaving' do on weapons? It doesn't appear to give me cleaving abilities...

3. How do I even get to add the other stuff to weapons? I have a level 9 cleric with Craft Wondrous, Rod and Magic Arms and Armour, but I'll be damned if the only thing he can do is make it +3 and Mighty Cleaving. He worships Pelor, with the Sun and Strength domains. Does he have absolutely no chance of making any different items? I want to make some holy weapons, but noooo...

4. Are Silent Moves and Spell Resistance [13] the only things you can add to armour (besides +1/2/3)? Oh yeah, the SR doesn't appear to work either...

Yeah, that about does it for now. Thanks if you can help.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Animal companions can be called again if they died, but I have no idea about their stats, nor which one's the best.

Crafting depends on known spells, and I believe that you need a specific domain to be able to craft holy weapons.

Another thing, do you have the patch?

You have to have the good domain to make holy weapons. Sorry. Also, mighty cleaving (assuming it works) should just give someone with cleave one extra cleave per round. In other words, it's fairly useless unless you're so feat-starved you can't afford great cleave but not so feat-starved you couldn't afford power attack and cleave.

I think item crafting is rather bugged anyway and I didn't see anything about it on the patch fixes list. +3 enchantments don't seem to work, various abilities randomly turn up missing, etc.

Jarinor

Liturgist
Ah, domains changing crafting abilities. Interesting. My cleric (who is now level 10) can now add flaming to weapons. *half-hearted woohoo*. Don't think I'll be able to add anything else though. I guess I should also assume that only wizards will have access to the other enhancements and whatnot?

I am using the patch, so hopefully that makes a difference.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Get the Circle of Eight patch. It adds a ton of new staves to craft in the "Craft Rod" feat which is incomplete in the original version. Troika didn't seem to have time to add any of the rods in the SRD.

DrattedTin

Liturgist
+3 weapons work with the patch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom