Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ToEE is fucking fantastic

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
FYI anatoliy from co8 has recreated an encounter from KotC in ToEE.

https://co8.org/community/threads/kots-challenge.13185/
Is it normal in this game for enemy ranged units to stand around doing nothing after they've run out of ammo? I used Temple+ and Circle8.
Usually they have backup weapons, but in the end it's up to the specific scripting / AI.
Well this enemy crossbow unit didn't have any melee weapon to switch to upon exhausting his ammo. He also didn't use any combat maneuvers against me. He just stood there while my monk punched him to death:
XXenp7c.png
Also how do you get that Chalice mod to work? It's been spitting runtime errors at me every time I try to launch it:
It does run on the normal release build, just verified.
Just to make sure, in the module selection did you choose zmod_kots or zmod_kots_core? It should be the former.
If that's not it, can you post the logfile? It's in c:\users\USERNAME\Saved Games\TemplePlus

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Thanks. It worked. Apparently I had Circle of Eight installed but didn't activate it on the front end UI thingy. Works fine now:
By the way. Where do you find the Vampire Lord in the main game? I explored all of the temple but didn't spot him. He drops a rare sword

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Careful, the swords he wields or even the one you could get as a reward* require a specific alignment** to equip them.

*For freeing him from the Temple (you have to wait for 1/2 in-game month for rewards to show up, same for the princess you can free.

**I'm not sure, Chaotic Neutral, i think.

Nothing beats a holy reach weapon though...
Or Oolghrist with Frostbrand...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Any non-evil alignment is fine, but good provides more benefits and chaotic good provides the best.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Thanks for sharing the mod Sitra. First encounter is pretty easy - though it took me a couple of tries.

Sadly that's all she wrote for the mod. Only one encounter. Here's hoping the mod maker stays motivated to continue his work. It'd be cool to experience Chalice on ToEE engine.

xuerebx

Erudite
What a fantastic rpg. Why does this not get shilled here more often?

After I got through the video game equivalent of ambien that is hommlet, this game opened up into one of the best rpgs I've ever played. Excellent combat, deep character building, gorgeous artwork and animations, great atmosphere, and an interesting soundtrack.

I tried it for the first time a few months ago and lost interest in the first village (even though I've been told countless times that it's the worst part and then it gets much better). I'll try my luck again once I finish what I'm playing right now.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
However do NOT install the Co8 mod; it adds retarded weeaboo shit like Cloud's sword, pokeballs that act as Summon Monster scrolls, and various other demented faggotry.

Co8 Mod...avoid like the fucking plague.

Agreed. I would rather play the buggier version and bash my head against that then use that mod. The people who made that mod need to learn what it means when they say no added content. I want bug fixes, not what encounters they think make the game better. Essential mods should include only what is essential and nothing else. If I want extra content, i will choose that option.

jackofshadows

Magister
I would rather play the buggier version and bash my head against that then use that mod. The people who made that mod need to learn what it means when they say no added content. I want bug fixes, not what encounters they think make the game better. Essential mods should include only what is essential and nothing else. If I want extra content, i will choose that option.
You will never become a modder with this attitude :M

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
UI/Text doesn't scale well on higher resolutions. Had eye strains reading in game text, tried to make text bigger - turned out, you can't increase text size without breaking the UI. Also, those fancy animations that the game forces you to watch, become unreadable on higher resolutions. 800x600 is perfect for me. You do lose out on the view of battle field though. Another weird thing is how area of effect spells work on higher resolution. Remember I put wizard far away from fire salamander, but they still could throwi fireball from across multiple rooms.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Remember I put wizard far away from fire salamander, but they still could throwi fireball from across multiple rooms.

According to d20 SRD the 3.5e range of Fireball is at least 400'. Considering you were playing at such a low resolution, it's no surprise those fireballs were coming in from off-screen.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The Temple of Elemental Evil was voted #21 in the Codex's original top RPGs poll from 2014, although it fell to #41 in the recent top 101 RPGs poll. It has the isometric perspective beloved by many Codexers, is one of the three games released by Troika which has a sizeable fanbase among the Codex, was released in the Codex's favorite time period, and appeals to all those who favor turn-based tactical combat. Not bad for a game that was a commercial flop, and it's still often promoted by Codexers albeit not with the frequency of yesteryear.

10813.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom