Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Together in Battle - the next strategy RPG from Telepath Tactics developer - now available on Early Access

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
Currently, you can turn off the zoom-in and zoom-out and boost movement speed by up to 4X; it makes things go quite fast!

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If I just randomly saw this in my Steam queue, I would have simply clicked the "Not interested" box. Presentation is not up my alley. The portraits and the units look like they need a lot of work. Not that I could do better myself, but there is a shovelware feel about the game. I feel like an ass, but that is not what I am trying to be.

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
Hey folks! I've now got a Steam page up! Come give it a look and, if the game interests you, click that little Wish List button. (Wish List sign-ups on Steam are a big deal for indie devs, you see.) +M

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
Bro I do it as you're a bro, but them faces gotta go.

I hear you. Unfortunately, I've got limited resources here--given that I'm self-financing this and we've got a global depression looming, I'm real antsy about the thought of dropping thousands and thousands of dollars redoing finished art that I already paid for. Never say never--but unless a publisher decides drop in and bankroll a sweet graphical overhaul, it'll have to wait until the game comes out and makes some money.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
You should be able to get anime portraits (custom or mix and match) for less than thousands and thousands of dollars.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I was just using "anime" as shorthand for this style, though I suppose it's not truly anime.

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
Ah, yeah, one small correction: it's actually starting on Tuesday, not Monday. But otherwise, this is totally true! I'm excited for folks to get a little time with TiB. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
though I've yet to think up a better symbol to get that sort of non-romantic-relationship-building across.

A little icon of two clasped hands.

Improve_relations.png

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
The demo is out!

The playable campaign portion of the demo is fairly short by design (maybe an hour at the very most)--just enough to give you a feel for how the game plays, how it feels, and how it all fits together. The finished game will have multiple difficulty settings, different initial recruits every time, and of course way more content.

Important note: the demo includes the campaign editing suite in its entirety. Anyone looking to create their own additional content for the demo while it's up is encouraged to go nuts! (I put a fair bit of effort into making the editor suite explain how to use itself to the player, but I'm sure there will be questions, so feel free to reach out if you're stumped on how to accomplish something in there!)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Together in Battle's new campaign creation suite lets you build your own full-fledged SRPG campaigns with ease! In this video, we give an overview of every editor present in the Steam Game Fest alpha demo and talk about how to use them together to create a campaign:

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
What's up, Codex-ers? I'm popping in to let you know that I've just released a new-and-improved demo of Together in Battle on Steam for the Steam Game Festival! It'll be up until February 9th.

Pyro Blast.gif

Among the many things changed since our last go-round:
  • the game is prettier! I've gotten all-new art for the game's various menus and cursors; foliage now sways in the breeze; water and lava now slosh to and fro; and the rendering pipeline has been upgraded to something more modern, with bloom lighting, full-screen anti-aliasing, and color grading. (Just look at how much nicer those visual effects look compared to what's in the old trailer!)
  • better proc gen equipment! There are now more modifiers and they are more common on equipment, leading to more interesting choices between weapons and armor.
  • more stuff: events, side quests, and dimensions to the game's procedurally generated cast of characters. You can now unlock new species for recruitment based on how you handle certain random events!
  • bug fixes. My god, the BUG FIXES.
Anyway, play it while the playing's good! I'll be taking it down after Steam Game Festival, making changes based on player feedback, and pushing to get this sucker done.

vazha

Arcane
Does this have a campaign mode & story as in earlier games and if yes, what's the general premise?

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
Does this have a campaign mode & story as in earlier games and if yes, what's the general premise?

The game features a campaign with a story, but it's organized differently: there's time management and events that occur on particular dates. I don't want to spoil the plot here, but basically: you get swept up in royal intrigue, and are tasked with revealing and fighting a sinister conspiracy. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom