Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Tom Hall and Brenda Brathwaite Kickstart Turn-based Oldschool CRPG

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Now some popamole shooter got cancelled and they had to fire an entire team at Loot Drop.
It's sad because people are losing their jobs, but I must say Loot Drop sounds like a pretty incompetent company.

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Don't worry about that she goes by Brenda Romero now.

With this announcement, I wonder if they had planned on using the KS money as a sort of slush fund for their other projects. With no entity to be accountable to, they could have spent it how they wanted to. They could have said "OLD SCHOOL RPG" another 100 times while sliding some cash over to Pettington Park 2 and then funding the game on the back end, sort of like an internal Ponzi. Can't say for sure that is the case but the timing on this does seem a bit suspect.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Yeah kind of creepy no? They could have used that money to fund their braindead facebook games and after that they would use some of the money they made to old skool rpg....it wasa ripoff waiting to happen

True GrimDark Superheroes don't wait around for thank yous and ticker tape parades.

I knew they were never going to give a guy like me the key to the city. I'm just grateful I saved the money of 7500+ people before they could fall for another one of the Joker's pyramid schemes. I am not expecting anyone to thank me. My work here is done.

darkknight_3_dark-knight-rises1.jpg

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
Do you think it's possible that they didn't want to lay off a team before running a fundraiser based off of PR and image?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Do you think it's possible that they didn't want to lay off a team before running a fundraiser based off of PR and image?

Let's guess.

It didn't help their case that they have all but admitted to each of these points through allusions. They did not vigorously protest they actually had a full game concept behind their back which they "chose" not to reveal at this time. They conceded the "game" was just a vague notion of something or the other ... gimmee the moneez we will make teh old skool for u.

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
And to make anything worst for them, Ubisoft just terminated the Ghost Recon facebook project.

kris

Arcane
I knew they were never going to give a guy like me the key to the city. I'm just grateful I saved the money of 7500+ people before they could fall for another one of the Joker's pyramid schemes. I am not expecting anyone to thank me. My work here is done.

What did you really do that affected this in any way?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

What did you really do that affected this in any way?

Kris, they halted the Kickstarter after I spammed their comments section with some truth bombs. I am sure that was only a coincidence with 15 days left in their Kickstarter.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
1. I believe they cancelled the Kickstarter because I trolled them with a few truths about Brenda's previous statements on the record.

2. Nobody who was serious about this Kickstarter project would have cancelled it because of a few comments by me unless they knew from the start the whole thing was intended simply to raise money for ailing Loot Drop financials.

3. If Brenda was the least bit interested in actually working on an old skool game she could have issued a rebuttal dismissing my roundup of her former position with a few words. That's all it would have taken - just like five minutes of thought is all it would have taken to launch a far better Kickstarter than the one they produced.

Game, set, match.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Nah Cleave sorry to rain in your parade; they canceled because rather than looking even more stupid, if that is possible, by having not even reached the halfway point they decided to call it quits not too have the whole kickstarter crash and burn in their face....it is a tactic used by sore losers all over the NCAA football online world....
That way they can say their kickstarter got canned rather than it was a faukure

"I choose not to run!" like Jerry in Seinfeld.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom