Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
My potential next project will be called "Tomb of Goliath".
It will be similar to Burial Stone, in the sense that it will be tile based Rogue from first person.

However, a few differences:
1. You will have a character that is visible, instead of just ghost hands.
2. You might have a party of maybe, 2 characters, instead of 1.
3. A lot more depth in spells/talents/items.
4. Monsters will have a lot more interesting abilities, AI, tactics.
5. Potentially more than one player, with co op.
6. Better GRPHXZ, hopefully.
7. Longer game, better level design, using more advanced technique and tools to populate the dungeons.
8. An actual story to the game.

This is another game where a party enters a Tomb.
This time, it's the Tomb of Goliath, so you will have mesopotamia/bible/Hebrew influences.
The player characters re medieval fantasy though, so the players will be from a different era from some of the creatures in the tomb/dungeon.

Here is a screenshot of potential playable characters:

Untitled.jpg

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
how would that dwarf go to the restroom? Unbuckle and toss that belt over his shoulder?
Or... can he just piss through the mouth of that cat.
Is cat head larger than his axe?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Epic: gives you metahuman
Pompi: no i'll have my shitty unity asset store assets made by a special needs guy from romania, released 5 years ago, but looking worse than 15 years ago industry standards

That's right, a real indie never compromises his vision, you do you.

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
how would that dwarf go to the restroom? Unbuckle and toss that belt over his shoulder?
Or... can he just piss through the mouth of that cat.
Is cat head larger than his axe?
How do guys pee in armor?

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
1. You will have a character that is visible, instead of just ghost hands.
TPP or top down like in Warhammer Quest?
I don't know what is TPP and nowhere is there an explanation of this acrynom, although I have seen it used together with RPG.
Sounds like Top Person Perspective?
Not sure...

So ideally you will see from the point of view of the character, like from his eyes.
There are a few issues though, if you have a full body, your headset might make you go into the body.
Animation become more complicated, because you need to mix it with IK for hand controllers.
Also, if there is more than one character, how do you control the other character?
From your "main" character perspective? You teleport to the other character's view?
And etc.

At first I might settle for "ghost" hands, and might work on the view a little later.
There is also the issue of how to control two characters in a rogue mechanics.
Since rogue time unit based, is not really turn based. You don't select the character to walk 4 tiles, then the next creature makes his move. Every move one step together.

Yea, so there are issues here, I thought of possible solutions, but I will have to see what I will do once I reach the bridge.

TL;DR; don't know what is TPP.

Glop_dweller

Prophet
So is this ... VR Stonekeep?

TL;DR; don't know what is TPP.
Third Person Perspective

As opposed to First Person Perspective.

A VR Stonekeep [style] game could be pretty neat. Stonekeep was almost that anyway—despite being a grid-based blobber. It had arms from the PC and the NPCs in view during attacks, and the PC's arms attacked where you clicked on the screen.

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Here is a screenshot of potential playable characters:

View attachment 26973

First character : Tall dwarf? Quarter-giant? Fake tribal tatoos for mouth-breathers, I approve.
Second character: gay hipster with no muscles on his bones, I approve.
Third character: I demand purple hair!
Fourth character: Another hipster with a robe designed by a gay hipster, I approve!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom