Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Too many name changes

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Here I was drinking the water that came from my banana pepper jar which always makes me want to puke, but I can't stop drinking it. It's like the forbidden fruit of pickle juice. Smells gross. Tastes gross. Even makes me reflexively gag every time the stuff touches my taste buds. Yet, I can't stop drinking it. It's as if I'm drawn to this forbidden pickle juice liquid. It pulls at my inner desires. Promising to satisfy even the most gluttonous of craving. Is this the sensations that Eve had afore she committed the cardinal sin? Biting into that intoxicating fruit which the Lord warned her not.

Anyways. There I was. Sitting there drinking this crap about to throw up, when it just dawned on me; we can change names now, without asking DU? That's pretty cool.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Being able to change your name once a month seems to be a bit too much. While maximum freedom to do what you want is of course preferable, there needs to be some middle ground to avoid complete name chaos.

Maybe changing names only once every six months or something?
I agree with the general sentiment, but I do not agree that frequency of change by a single user is the real problem. I know only a single poster who changed names somewhat frequently, and recently. Harmless, by itself.

The real problem is that several posters changed their names just once but all at more or less the same time, which makes it a bit annoying to keep track. This would still be possible under a 6 month regime.

So I agree with Alter Sack and others: deactivate the option completely.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Or u know, implement a feature where you can put notes/tag on someone profile as ".txt updates" so u can keep track of who is who. Foundation is already in place with how we can bookmark posts and stuff.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Some people already have their original name under their current name, just look in this thread (Irenaeus, Monk). But I guess this would have to be done manually, unless there is an easy way to program it (Twiglard).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom