Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Too many name changes

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Being able to change your name once a month seems to be a bit too much. While maximum freedom to do what you want is of course preferable, there needs to be some middle ground to avoid complete name chaos.

Maybe changing names only once every six months or something?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't think it matters that much now you can easily look up previous names on the profile.

I find avatar changes more chaotic.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I don't think it matters that much now you can easily look up previous names on the profile.
You really want to memorize new names of the same posters every month?

I find avatar changes more chaotic.
I find name changes more chaotic, especially when done by quite a few at the same time. And they change their avatars too, by the way.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Lady-Comrade wants DU to come and give all the numbers again, for Planet and to save Ukraine this time, I don't mind name changes being so many years here I have no problem to spot the new alt of Liberal and rest are easily identifiable by by their tags and avatars.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
to save Ukraine
Rent free.
Although it is factual that its mostly people who's entire posting history is political stuff, and who's profiles are political themed, that change their accounts constantly.
As per the issue at hand, people should, of course, be able to change their account names and avatars whenever they want. What bothers me is that some people who change frequently also disable looking at their account, so you can't confirm who they are.

laclongquan

Arcane
Correct. If you are a rat who want to change your name without letting people know (by disable looking at profile), at least you should be a rich rat who had to pay for the privilege.

To think those rat can change their name for free, frequently, and lock people out of checking their profile.... It's a terrible injustice~

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You can easily identify the rats who do it by their posting style. Just like how in the past they used to make alts.

Everyone spotted Prosper or Liberal's millions of alts. Just like now you can easily spot Licorice the vatnik clown and his fellow 50 centers.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Correct. If you are a rat who want to change your name without letting people know (by disable looking at profile), at least you should be a rich rat who had to pay for the privilege.

To think those rat can change their name for free, frequently, and lock people out of checking their profile.... It's a terrible injustice~

I don't understand why we even allow private profiles. People can already disable alerts for wall posts I believe?

Better to just use that if someone is spamming you.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In

お前はもう死んでいる​

patron3.gif

vatnik.png

campaign_2017.png

bionicman

Liturgist
I didn't know this site was full of bigots and namephobes. When I transitioned to my new nick I didn't expect this level of discrimination...

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Being able to change your name once a month seems to be a bit too much. While maximum freedom to do what you want is of course preferable, there needs to be some middle ground to avoid complete name chaos.

Maybe changing names only once every six months or something?
You're just salty because you made a new account just for a name change.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
why doesn't soyrin have the 'username changed' icon?

:hmmm:

speaking of which, it shouldn't be hidden in the mouseover mini profile thing, it should be duly noted among other user information on the left when posting

Alter Sack

Magister
The option to change your username should be disabled.

It makes keeping track of your fellow asshats... aehm, I mean codex bros more difficult.

People should have to learn to live with their bad decisions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom