Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Top 5 None PC Games

Thread is interesting but it lacks strict rules. Should we talk about consoles we have or just all gaming platforms ? What about emultation on non-PC devices? Only one game per franchise or not?

If I had access to hardware that I do not own:

1. Punisher (Arcade CPS1)
2. Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (Arcade or Saturn)
3. Quake 2 (PSX or N64)
4. Doom (PSX or Jaguar)
5. Nocturne (PS2)

With HW I own (emulation only):

1. Quake 2 (Xbox homebrew or PSX/N64 port emulated on Xbox)
2. Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (MAME on Xbox)
3. Strange Journey (DesmumeX on Xbox or DraStic on Android phone)
4. Aliens vs Predator (Xbox homebrew)
5. Civilization 2 (PSX port emulated on Xbox)

With HW I own (native only):

1. Dark Colony (Macintosh port on Ibook G4)
2. Mortal Kombat Deception (Xbox)
3. Street Fighter 3: Third Strike / Hyper Street Fighter II - The Anniversary Edition (Xbox, count as one because they were being sold in single compilation)
4. King of Fighters 2002 (Xbox)
5. SNK vs Capcom: Chaos (Xbox)

Reality

Learned
Worms Armageddon = N64 - I'm just used to this version since I grew up with it, I'm sure Dreamcast is the actual best non PC.

Star Control 2 - 3DO - I've spent more time in Supermelee than the main game but I can never really have enough. -Three years ago I would have taken Metal SLug as my 3DO pick

PuyoPuyoTetris = PS4 - More for the comfort of being able to play both unskilled people in the bonus modes (Fusion/Big Bang) and still have a competetive Tsu Ruleset experience with people who can get 8 chains in the first 30 seconds .... On the other hand their is a certain amount of fun excess to owning a Puyo Puyo Tsu Arcade Cabinent ...

Saturn Bomerman = Saturn - I've only ever emulated it, but it's clearly amazing and benefits from the good will that Super and Gen bomberman have gotten from my family.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 - PS2 - I can't quite take the high road since THPS2 is only my second favorite.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
1. God Hand

2. Shin Megami Tensei 4

3. Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey Redux

4. New Power Instinct: Matrimelee

5. Space Channel 5 Part 2

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom