Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #3: ZIETS ZIETS ZIETS

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why would they even need a full orchestra? This is beautiful.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Cool stuff. There's some PST notes there (unless my completely amusical ear is being a complete bitch at the moment) but sounds quite different too.

Kirtai

Augur
Cool stuff. There's some PST notes there (unless my completely amusical ear is being a complete bitch at the moment) but sounds quite different too.
Yeah, it seems to have the same feel as the PS:T music without being the same. I'm glad I went for the soundtrack.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
What has Ziets done besides MoTB? The interaction with Murkel was possible the best moment in a RPG I've ever experienced but that was one moment. And did he even write that?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
McComb is great. Very good video.
Edit: I talked to quite a few people who weren't very interested in the game before the Kickstarter, but were completely sold by the videos and info. Great job, inXile!
Yep, count me among those. I was a doubter.
But the KS page and the music- they "get" it.

This is going to be atmospheric as Dark Souls by the likes of it, and just like that game, will return me to the place I cherish in my memories: the place in which I explore a forgotten, abandoned world... the place in which I played PS:T, Nier and Dark Souls and the few other games that are like this.

I am a strange person. What makes me happiest is being alone with a game that brings me to sad, quiet, beautiful places. I can already tell the people who work on this "get" this kind of melancholy and will cater to it.

I am happy, very happy. I can't wait to play this. I wish them all the best, my greatest respect to whoever works on this.

Thank you.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
This is not just something we're slapping on because it seems cool, Mark wanted a full orchestra. I am curious to hear what he'll do with it! Obviously he won't start making every piece bombastic and crazy, but he should be able to do more than he can now.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
What's really heartening to me is that -- from a larger view -- it seems like they'll have the ability to put out games every two to two and a half years which is a hell of a turnaround time compared to AAA where they need two years to do the bullshit media rounds alone before they actually think of starting production.

Kirtai

Augur
The music definitely conveys the right mood, even though it's likely not nearly in its final state.

What's really heartening to me is that -- from a larger view -- it seems like they'll have the ability to put out games every two to two and a half years which is a hell of a turnaround time compared to AAA where they need two years to do the bullshit media rounds alone before they actually think of starting production.

Also heartening to me that in a worst case scenario, there'll at least be a group of ambitious developers (putting aside for the moment whether they actually achieve their ambitions this time around), who get to own their IP, and hence if they sell even moderately well, when they go to make the next game in that IP setting, they'll actually be able to have some negotiating clout when sitting at the table with the publisher, rather than having to choose between either taking it up the ass or having the publisher hand the IP to someone else.

Zeriel

Arcane

Yep, I often feel like live orchestras layered over a piece not really meant for it tends to ruin the music rather than make it better. Much more of a fan of ambient/non-live music, anyway.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
This is going to be atmospheric as Dark Souls by the likes of it, and just like that game, will return me to the place I cherish in my memories: the place in which I explore a forgotten, abandoned world... the place in which I played PS:T, Nier and Dark Souls and the few other games that are like this.

I am a strange person. What makes me happiest is being alone with a game that brings me to sad, quiet, beautiful places. I can already tell the people who work on this "get" this kind of melancholy and will cater to it.

I am happy, very happy. I can't wait to play this. I wish them all the best, my greatest respect to whoever works on this.

Thank you.
:roll: Please, kill yourself. Emotional faggot.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I was pondering at physical tiers, but I realised that nowadays I just skim through them and let it rot. Sure I could sell them later for the profits, but I am afraid, I wouldn't dare to, so they will stay somewhere in the cupboard rotting...
Damn, this is 100% what I do yet I still go for the physical goods, what the fuck am I doing?

I enjoy CMcM much more in this video than in the pitch video. I was really put off there for some reason. I think the walking in from a black background while talking and unfocused had something to do with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom