Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #3: ZIETS ZIETS ZIETS

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Speaking of Kickstarters with no game really to show for them even though it's been a year since DFA and W2 started it all, whatever happened to Dead State?
They only release updates for their backers for some reason. But brian posted on the ITS forums recently telling that there'll be a gameplay video coming out soon.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Speaking of Kickstarters with no game really to show for them even though it's been a year since DFA and W2 started it all, whatever happened to Dead State?
They only release updates for their backers for some reason. But brian posted on the ITS forums recently telling that there'll be a gameplay video coming out soon.

But I am a backer! Shit, why haven't the updates been coming through....something's fucked with my KS page. Oh I see now...they made like one update every millienia so that's probably why I thought Brian took the money and ran.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Dead State had the really stupid idea to have the radio tier, where you had to pay for all the updates. If you look carefully in the thread in the crpg forum, you might find some info though. ;)

jewboy

Arbiter
Update 4 is out. Including the 3 million stretch goal. I'm not sure what to make of it. It's certainly interesting. Looks like they'll be able to rest for a while. It will be some time before the 2.5 mil goal is reached and it may not hit 3 million until the last week.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
I swear if these fucking KS games come good, I don't know if I'll need anymore. Torment alone looks like it will be good for playing 7 6 times, one for each 'tide', plus maybe a 7th time for the retard character.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I swear if these fucking KS games come good, I don't know if I'll need anymore. Torment alone looks like it will be good for playing 7 6 times, one for each 'tide', plus maybe a 7th time for the retard character.

That's the funny thing. You won't have time to play through so many good games with depth, before you run out of life. Gotta start prioritizing soon man.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Ugh, the ugly 3D portraits of PS:T. Probably the only thing I disliked about that game.
There's a mod to replace most of the 3D portraits in the character sheets with hand done art. You can see it here.

annah-after.jpg

That portrait looks sexy, but.. That's not how I imagined Annah at all. Not a sexbomb, but a potty mouthed tiefling bitch from the streets. Mod sucks, creator is a faggot. :rpgcodex:

Zeriel

Arcane
I prefer the original models. Still, it is hilarious to see the modders-always-make-it-perverted trope thrown on its head, with the modded Anna portrait showing less skin.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron

That's the funny thing. You won't have time to play through so many good games with depth, before you run out of life. Gotta start prioritizing soon man.

Yeah, in a way I yearn for the simpler times of M&M where you wouldn't have large areas cut off or wildly different endings, though the games themselves were very, very long often enough. Don't know, Fallout 1 was a bit too short, even playing normally it takes around 15 hours but on the other hand, it made replaying as different type of character and making different decisions quick and simple with immediate impact. You didn't have to slog for 40 hours before either noticing something different or as in Beth games, realising that after a point any character ends up more or less the same. Fallout 2 or Twitcher 2 is probably ideal in length for epic feel and variety of content without being overdrawn yet also short enough to make rapid replaying to try out other options enjoyable without the burnout that one can experience with a JRPG like grindfest.

At least most of the devs of these games are older than I am so they'll die off sooner and I'll be free from their tempting productions. The newer popamole devs are never going to approach those in ability so I can die smug in the knowledge that those that come after will never have it as good as we had. :smug:

Oh and in before the usual "go play COD if RPG's are too long for you" bullshit from basement dwelling, single, unemployed turds.

Gondolin

Arcane
That portrait looks sexy, but.. That's not how I imagined Annah at all. Not a sexbomb, but a potty mouthed tiefling bitch from the streets. Mod sucks, creator is a faggot. :rpgcodex:

Heh, what do you expect? Still, it beats this:

grace-mugshot.jpg

Ugly and surly. Bonus points for wearing a dead headcrab.

hiver

New Annah looks superb. Not because of sexiness but... seems stronger, deeper. More like an actual Tiefling.
And doesnt have that "hair" the original model had as a plus.

Man, those new wallpapers are sweeeeeett.

The rest of the update is great. All around.

/
already made 78,000 today.

Globbi

Augur
Brian Fargo Contributes $100K. Steve Dengler Continues the Ongoing 10% Match! said:
Brian promised at the outset to match 10% of contributions from $1M to $2M. Having passed $2M, Brian will now be personally contributing $100K to Torment’s development budget. Torment Superfan Steve Dengler (@Dracogen) has picked up the torch and is continuing the 10% match from $2M to $3M! This means that if we hit $3M, we will actually have another $200K in our development budget to further enhance Torment's quality. Thank you, Steve, for your generosity! A world of grateful Torment fans offers you a heartfelt salute!
So, how does it affect stretch goals? If we get to $2.9M, then Brian will add $100k making it $3M, then Steve Dengler will add $100k also, making it $3M.1. 3M strech goal (or possibly 3.1M as they consider making smaller and more frequent goals) should be reached by this.

Or, is it that they just donate in addition to kickstarter. Then, would it add to budget but not help with stretch goals?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Brian Fargo Contributes $100K. Steve Dengler Continues the Ongoing 10% Match! said:
Brian promised at the outset to match 10% of contributions from $1M to $2M. Having passed $2M, Brian will now be personally contributing $100K to Torment’s development budget. Torment Superfan Steve Dengler (@Dracogen) has picked up the torch and is continuing the 10% match from $2M to $3M! This means that if we hit $3M, we will actually have another $200K in our development budget to further enhance Torment's quality. Thank you, Steve, for your generosity! A world of grateful Torment fans offers you a heartfelt salute!
So, how does it affect stretch goals? If we get to $2.9M, then Brian will add $100k making it $3M, then Steve Dengler will add $100k also, making it $3M.1. 3M strech goal (or possibly 3.1M as they consider making smaller and more frequent goals) should be reached by this.

Or, is it that they just donate in addition to kickstarter. Then, would it add to budget but not help with stretch goals?

Good question. Brother None?

skuphundaku

Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

The extra $100ks will go directly to the game's budget, but that's about it. It wouldn't make much sense to take them into account when talking about stretch goals.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Good question. Brother None?

That money are added after the Kickstarter, they won't be part of it.

Globbi

Augur
The extra $100ks will go directly to the game's budget, but that's about it. It wouldn't make much sense to take them into account when talking about stretch goals.
It would if stretch goals simply reflect dependency between budget and what can be done with it.
If those stretch goals are more of a bait for money (which is fine, they may just want to feel safer and kickstarter alone is probably not 100% of game budget anyway), they may not include them.
Either way, I would like everything to be made clear early, especially since some later goals may be on the edge of being reached.

hiver

Yeah, i kinda think it would be nice to see that first 100.000 thrown in already.

Kirtai

Augur
If you don't like the chosen pictures you can easily replace them with your own. They're just BMP files stored in a subfolder of the mod after all.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Well, in case of P:E they did include the paypal tally to count towards unachieved stretch goals (extra dungeon level) so it's not all that strange. But I don't think the $200k will actually be added towards the Kickstarter total (but they will towards any stretch goals - at least, that seems the logical thing to me)

skuphundaku

Patron

Well, in case of P:E they did include the paypal tally to count towards unachieved stretch goals (extra dungeon level) so it's not all that strange. But I don't think the $200k will actually be added towards the Kickstarter total (but they will towards any stretch goals - at least, that seems the logical thing to me)
I think that they will count it only for the total, at the end. If that means reaching a final stretch goal that would have otherwise been missed, then I agree with you that the $200k will count. However, I fairly certain that they won't count them for the intermediary stretch goals.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom