Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sunday is the last day of the week. This is a scientific FACT. And cannot be disputed.

Tell your dealer you deserve a price reduction.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Obviously it wasn't even done when they announced it.
Or obviously it's been done for a while and they've been testing it internally for quite some time. There are other things that need to be done to accommodate the beta release - from forming a team of people who will dig through hundreds of bug reports and offer technical support, to people who need to test the key distributing system so that it doesn't fuck up somehow due to high load or just bugs. It also takes 1-2 days just to get the keys from Steam. An update has to be prepared. Some spoilery things may need to be cut out of the code. Etc etc etc-fucking-etra.

Or obviously it's been done for a while and they've been testing it internally for quite some time. There are other things that need to be done to accommodate the beta release - from forming a team of people who will dig through hundreds of bug reports and offer technical support, to people who need to test the key distributing system so that it doesn't fuck up somehow due to high load or just bugs. It also takes 1-2 days just to get the keys from Steam. An update has to be prepared. Some spoilery things may need to be cut out of the code. Etc etc etc-fucking-etra.
How can you call code "done" if it hasn't been debugged? Have recent game releases given you Stockholm syndrome?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I simply can't believe that anyone such as Fargo with a modicum of intelligence would be as ineducable as to not learn from 2 fucked up releases and not make this one right. I don't believe it, it's lies, ok? This one will be the one. In all regards.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
>mfw when Bester is telling people not to be so edgy

Fucked up how? It's a beta, you can bet it's going to be full of glitches. But hopefully not unplayable buggy (savegame corruption, really low framerates, frequent crashes, etc). It'll probably be okay.

I simply can't believe that anyone such as Fargo with a modicum of intelligence would be as ineducable as to not learn from 2 fucked up releases and not make this one right. I don't believe it, it's lies, ok? This one will be the one. In all regards.
:hero:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I don't recall the WL2 beta as being that buggy and certaintly not unplayable. Unpolished and unoptimized? Of course, it's a beta. Never had much trouble with the beta, and I expect I will have even less trouble with the Torment beta.

Hopefully they will soon release it.

12400884_1228297197185802_1606390111747555617_n.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://colinmccomb.com/?p=257

Beta week

Well. We’re here. In December 2012, I teased a new Torment. Three years later, in January 2016, we’re going to show you what we’ve been up to. I’m incredibly nervous about this, but I’m equally excited. We’ve gone through a lot of discussion, a lot of work, and a lot of iteration to get here, and…

… let me put it like this. When I played the beta, I kept forgetting that I was supposed to be providing feedback and critiquing, because I was having so much fun playing.

I think we’ve made something worthwhile and entertaining. I can hardly wait for you to see it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
When I played the beta, I kept forgetting that I was supposed to be providing feedback and critiquing, because I was having so much fun playing.

They all say this. :)

Drudkh

Learned
There's no rush, right? As long as they can get it out to backers just slightly before it goes to steam early access they can still say that backers got some kind of earlier beta perk.

Fry

Arcane
zzzz...

Backers got a game they wanted into production. InXile's only job now is to deliver what they promised, not make me feel like a special flower because I paid two years ago.

Athelas

Arcane
I'm sure these characters will have plenty of compelling character flaws, like judging people based on a single thing they say.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom