Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Got to play the EA version. On one hand it looks pretty swell and the world seems interesting. On the other hand I totally agree with Prime Junta: the pacing (in terms of infodumps) is screwed.

7a656217edb4d9f7fc57d16eac2c98d5.jpg

Actually, POE's introduction was way better, and I'm not even talking about PST's godlike start.
I hope they do plan to improve the beginning.

Fairfax

Arcane
ToN currently has 19 reviews and all are positive.

Also a lot of casuals have played Torment since 1999. It's a casual-friendly RPG given its de-emphasis on having to understand any rules. They probably didn't finish it (which is the norm), but they've played it.
No way to know for sure, but I really doubt it's going to be a significant portion of the players. It'll also attract:

• A lot of SJWs, as Numenera has a strong reputation for being tumblr-friendly.
  • People who want to feel like they're part of an elite group of players who love complex old-school-like CRPGs.
  • Regular folk interested after seeing the critical acclaim after release. Believe me, unless it's absolutely broken with bugs and/or absolutely atrocious plot-twists, this game will be as praised as PoE or more.
The vast majority of which have never played PS:T and can't stand its graphics today.

Have you ever run into someone who lied about playing RPGs before? I have.

"Baldur's Gate 1 is too easy. You can solo everything with a bard."
"can you show me how you did this"
"no....its a boring game and I did it while I was high as balls ha ha i dont remember how I did it"
*doesn't even own Baldur's Gate on steam*
To be honest, I own it on steam and I regret the purchase. I'd take the GOG classic version any day. Fuck the "enhanced" editions.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't see what's wrong with the pacing, to be honest. It's well written and not over the top. I have complaints about a lot of things but pacing aint one.

ArchAngel

Arcane
While you people here are bashing the game, sea is thanking Watch for their kind words about the beta on Watch forums

If you want your feedback to be taken into account you need to get Inxile guys to read it first :)

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I see this release is also a quick mass Q&A because holy fuck, the bugs. It needs at least on solid patching session to start giving feedback on game world/mechanics. Though I do look forward to it.

The overwritten part I was so worried about is indeed the character creation, dialogues seem to be natural enough.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
In general terms I don't get this whole "too many choices at the beginning" thing.
Since I don't want to be spoiled I don't play the beta neither do I watch videos of it, but I just hope complaints like these don't end up lowering the amount of choices the player can make.

Prime Junta

Whaaa....? There aren't too many choices in the beginning. There are lots of choices which is great.

(There is too much infodumping in the beginning but that's different.)

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, now that this game is on Steam, there is the matter of Codex curation.

We should probably wait until the combat bugginess is sorted out before adding it.

Prime Junta

More importantly, there is the question of which review will be linked from the curator page. :discuss:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
No way to know for sure, but I really doubt it's going to be a significant portion of the players. It'll also attract:

• People who want to feel like they're part of an elite group of players who love complex old-school-like CRPGs.
  • Regular folk interested after seeing the critical acclaim after release. Believe me, unless it's absolutely broken with bugs and/or absolutely atrocious plot-twists, this game will be as praised as PoE or more.
The vast majority of which have never played PS:T and can't stand its graphics today.

You know you're talking about people who paid upfront for a new Torment sight unseen.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Fairfax

Arcane

You know you're talking about people who paid upfront for a new Torment sight unseen.
I was talking about final release, not just backers.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Also a bunch of quality games above it. Steamers are well known for their exclusive and elitist preferences.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom