Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Discussion in 'inXile Entertainment' started by Infinitron, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Fry Arcane

Fry
    No. Nothing has changed since January.

^ Top  
  2. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    http://acddistribution.blogspot.com/2016/06/new-from-monte-cook-games-torment-tides.html

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Athelas Arcane

Athelas
    Release date of the game confirmed to be August?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. StaticSpine Arcane Patron

StaticSpine
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Is it?

^ Top  
  6. Space Satan Arcane

Space Satan
    Just a few microissues...

^ Top  
  7. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    :hype:

too soon?

^ Top  
  8. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Teasing:

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  9. DosBuster Arcane Patron The Real Fanboy

DosBuster
    Codex USB, 2014
    Wow, that looks completely different and better from the first beta.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Sensuki Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    inXile did a reasonable job at optimizing Wasteland 2, at least in the areas that I played. Never got to LA though.

^ Top  
  11. vortex Fabulous Optimist

vortex
    Unity 5.4 has preformance improvements.

^ Top  
  12. Sensuki Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    The problem was that they inherited an early version of the Pillars of Eternity engine which ran like shit as we saw in the documentary. Feargus said they didn't do much sharing in his talk or something (and probably should have shared more).

^ Top  
  13. Kem0sabe Arcane

Kem0sabe
    I don't trust any promotional materials inxile releases... Until it's an actual player playing the beta or the final release.

^ Top  
  14. DosBuster Arcane Patron The Real Fanboy

DosBuster
    Codex USB, 2014
    Have they lied or bullshotted before? I don't remember any cases of that.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Kem0sabe Arcane

Kem0sabe
    They did on wasteland 2, and only confessed to it after being caught.

^ Top  
  16. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Kem0sabe is upset about this one Wasteland 2 screenshot which shattered his faith in inXile and Brian Fargo FOREVER

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. prodigydancer Arcane In My Safe Space

prodigydancer
    Um. What's wrong with that screenshot? Maybe it was altered but to me it looks p. close to how WL2 actually looked.

^ Top  
  18. Kem0sabe Arcane

Kem0sabe
    It was staged, that situation never happenes in the game, and it was also retouched.

Infinitron gives inxile a free ride on the codex, I wouldn't trust anything he says about that company or its staff.

^ Top  
  19. prodigydancer Arcane In My Safe Space

prodigydancer
    There were a Scorpitron fight (even two of them IIRC). So "staged" is probably cut content in this case which totally makes sense because who the hell wants to do the same boss fight three times in every playthough. As for "retouched" - maybe so but I don't see how it made it look impressive.

I understand and support the outrage when, for instance, CDPR releases "gameplay" footage of TW3 and then on release the game looks like cartoony crap with oversaturated colors. But WL2... nobody expected it to be eye candy. So who cares?

I honestly think you guys need to give Infinitron a break because he's one of the few reasons this forum is worth reading. It's a huge effort to be a one man news aggregator. Try it, see how long you'll last.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  20. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Zzzz.

We're talking about a video rather than a still image, so I doubt it's been retouched.

^ Top  
  21. Kem0sabe Arcane

Kem0sabe
    There is absolutely no effort copy pasting rss feed updates and PR releases from inbox.

Even then, following a couple of people on Twitter or having rpg watch feedly gets you exponentialy more rpg news than what codex posts.

^ Top  
  22. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    Hyped! Hoping we get a huge beta update in next week or after E3! Pleeezzzz

^ Top  
  23. Brother None inXile Entertainment Developer

Brother None
    That clip was recorded by sea on his computer, by simply running the game and loading a save. He added the logo and a fade in/out and that's all the editing it's gone through.

In fact, the original recording is 1080p and 60 FPS, but Twitter doesn't like that, which is why this version is only 30 FPS.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  24. Immortal Arcane

Immortal
    I knew it... Wotc blocked it? lmao :lol:

Atari completely fucked the dog on NWN2 premium content.. I Remember that announcement / interview they came out with about why there was so little Premium Module content after SoZ. (After spending millions on their worthless DRM service - which delayed Mysteries of Westgate release by like 6 months..?)

This is why companies go bankrupt.. too stupid to take their customers money.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.