Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fry

Arcane
we're partnering with a certain publisher

happy-viking-peggy-wilson.jpg

Fry

Arcane
All I can say is if that "certain publisher's" QA work on T:ToN impacts the release of Cities: Skylines 2, I'll we writing some very strongly worded forum posts...

:troll:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I liked the menu. I like the font size. That's as far as my impression go, because...

Literally the first thing that happens when I launch the game, I click the very edge of the room. The character goes there, and... stuck. I can click around but the character does not move.
ojCiUbT.jpg

Well programmed.

NullFlow

Savant
we're partnering with a certain publisher to help out on this front. But who is this partner? We can't comment on that just yet… but you will learn more very soon.

Boy, more announcements of announcements. Oh well, as long as the delays help out the game I'm fine with that.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Why aren't text options colored or something if you have already used them once..? Instead of, or in addition to, having 4 lines of "..... again".
No need for game / game company logo in loading screen art...
The new interface is alright.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
More words than the bible, we are also partnering with somebody, but we can't say with who.

SO EXCITED!
:shredder:

Anyway, have they fixed it so dialogue options highlight on mouse-over and clickable even if the mouse is not directly on the text? I don't think I'll go through another Alpha, and definitely don't want to go through having to exchange Steamtard keys later on.

SniperHF

Arcane
10 mins in... performance has improved considerably.

I found it was already running pretty okay after they updated the old version of the beta. There were a few bad spots (and everything combat related) but otherwise it was running okay before. Maybe difference setups or something.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Isn't the intro supposed to be voiced? I mean not the falling part but after? And the companions? No voice for me, and Qorro neither. Hum.

Performance is ... better? But still not great. It makes my 970 work for that 60 fps. Some areas can't even hold steady 60 fps still at 1980x1200p. The intro stutters abit.

Other than that, the game looks like it got some nice changes.

Also, fuck the localizations, really.

Who the fuck can't read english in 2016? Why would you even want to play a game in your native shitty langauge? When obviously the original langauge - english - is the perferred one for immershun and everything else?

It's like germans who dub their movies. LEARN ENGLISH OR FUCK OFF. jesus

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
10 mins in... performance has improved considerably.
Still sub 30 frames on my 640m craptop.

I haven't been following the game at all, but after 10 minutes I'm happy with the direction it has taken and the point system. I didn't get into a combat/crisis yet, tho.

Will continue tonight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom