Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Who the fuck can't read english in 2016?
Surprisingly many people. I work for a US-based company and yet here in *redacted* about 10% of my co-workers (low grade people not involved in any global activities) can't speak English at all so we have to equip their laptops with localized MS Office.

LEARN ENGLISH OR FUCK OFF.
Video games can help actually.

I learned the basics of English at school but I couldn't really speak it until I started playing text-heavy video games. Back then localizations sucked even more than they do now, so I wanted to play originals even if that meant looking up words in dictionary every now and then. Then I spent about a year on PS:T forums. People could barely understand me at first but in a few months I learned more than during five years of "studying" English before that.

Robert Jarzebina

we're partnering with a certain publisher

Potato Techland will publish Torment globally:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/tech...is-inxile-s-torment-tides-of-numenera/0168260

POLAND!!!
tumblr_n8pxfxZ8wj1skil62o1_500.gif

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

This is the first time I've paid attention to New Torment's UI. Looks pretty Dragon Agey. :M

---

Arcane
Who the fuck can't read english in 2016? Why would you even want to play a game in your native shitty langauge?

You don't know italian gamers, I suppose* :M
Every fucking time a game is not localized in italian (my native language), they start bitching around.

*(lucky you :negative:)

Last edited:

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Oh god, a studio with no experience in international physical distribution is going to be shipping kickstarter rewards and handling their manufacturing, this is going to fuck up, isn't it?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's probably just a thing they hacked together in a day so Techland would have something to post.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/press...ishing_Deal_for_Torment_Tides_of_Numenera.php

Techland Publishing and inXile Entertainment Sign Global Publishing Deal for Torment: Tides of Numenera

June 10th, 2016 – Wroclaw, Poland/... Techland Publishing is proud to announce its collaboration with inXile Entertainment to globally publish the retail version of Torment: Tides of Numenera. The science-fantasy RPG is scheduled for a PC release in the first quarter of 2017.

Developed by inXile Entertainment, the renowned studio led by industry icon Brian Fargo,Torment: Tides of Numenera is the first title announced by Techland as part of its move into the international games publishing. Furthermore, the boxed edition of the game will be enhanced with a number of physical and digital bonuses that will ease players into the unique world of Numenera and further increase their immersion in the story.

‘I’ve been impressed with Techland and am pleased to be collaborating with them’ – says Brian Fargo, inXile Entertainment CEO. ‘Bringing a game of such scope and depth to the international market is a major undertaking, and we wanted to be sure we partnered with professionals who knew how to cater to the global community. Techland has been a great partner and their track record has convinced us they are the people we want to have at our side.'

Torment: Tides of Numenera is the highly-anticipated thematic successor to one of the best RPGs of all time - Planescape: Torment. The game has already amassed a dedicated following as shown by it being one of the three most-funded Kickstarter games to date. Bringing back the golden era of RPGs, the game features a deep, thematically satisfying story set in a world unlike any other – Earth a billion years in the future. On top of a thought-provoking narrative and a novel take on turn-based combat, Torment: Tides of Numenera offers hundreds of meaningful, game-changing choices that ensure no playthrough is ever the same.

Key features:

· A World Unlike Any Other -- journey across the Ninth World, a fantastic, original setting, with awe-inspiring visuals, offbeat and unpredictable items to use in and out of battle, and stunning feats of magic.

· A Rich, Personal Narrative -- thoughtful and character-driven, the story is epic in feel but deeply personal in substance. The philosophical underpinnings of Torment drive the game both mechanically and narratively.

· Reactivity, Replayability and the Tides -- your choices matter, and morality in the Ninth World is not a simple matter of “right” and “wrong”. Torment is a deeply replayable experience that arises naturally from your actions throughout the game.

· A New Take on Combat -- plan your way through hand-crafted set-pieces which combine battles with environmental puzzles, social interaction, stealth, and more.

You can watch the teaser video here or download it from the official FTP here .

To keep up with the latest news from Techland Publishing, visit our Facebook and Twitterchannels.

Starwars

Arcane
Has anyone who played the previous beta version tried this one yet? Am curious to see what's changed in the opening bits and if it's better this time around.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
New UI

for full resolution choose "full size" below the picture and then right click on the picture and choose "open image in new tab"

Last edited:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The opening has been re-worked pretty significantly, will be curious to see what the feedback is on it now.

It looks like they dropped the 'Pools as health' system and gave you standard hp and xp now...
We added a health pool, but note the stat pools are still there as resources to use on Difficult Tasks etc.

XP still works the same, though the amounts and flow have been changed and we did get rid of DP. But not there's still no per-kill combat XP or anything like that, of course.

Athelas

Arcane
I wonder if Numenera fans feeling betrayed will actually be a thing upon release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom