Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Discussion in 'inXile Entertainment' started by Infinitron, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    This gon' b GUD.

Also the music reminds me more about a Deus Ex game, cool nontheless ;)

• retadred retadred x 2
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. DosBuster Arcane Patron The Real Fanboy

DosBuster
    Codex USB, 2014
    SCIENCE. FANTASY. EPIC.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Kev Inkline Arcane Patron

Kev Inkline
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I haven't followed Inxile fora, but here is how it looks to me:
    First InXile introduces Health bar because the system would be otherwise too complicated, a bit later a console port is announced.

You connect the dots.

• Salute Salute x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Kem0sabe Arcane

Kem0sabe
    Just another sign that codex staff is officially an inxile / obsidian PR community manager training ground, you guys are pathetic.

In other news, the delay and the health bar system now make sense, so much for Fargo pandering to the pc crowd, all he wants his to have publisher cock in his mouth again, more than pathetic.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    At this point I am sorry I supported this project. But I will wait for release before I decide if I care about Inxile anymore or if they join the same group as Obsidian (pirate the shit games and buy on 50% sale if it turns out surprisingly good; I also have Bethesda group which is pirate the shit games and get fun by bashing them on forums after trying them; and the last group where Bioware falls into which is don't even bother pirating, it is not even worth stealing)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Torment: Healthbars of Numenera

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Popiel Arcane Patron

Popiel
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Health bar in itself isn't a bad thing, but with this new development things start too look dire. Sadly :( .

^ Top  
  8. Cassar Savant

Cassar
    Numenera gets delayed a million years and is coming out as a console multiplatform game, with console friendly design decissions. Sudden Strike 4 is announced as a Pc/PS4 game for 2017. Shitty day all around

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Fry Arcane

Fry
    Meh. If you're going to make an honest effort to evaluate combat in this game, the health bar should really be the least of your concerns. It has bigger problems.

I'm just in it for the writing at this point.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    It is a terrible thing. It is like making a d&d game but replacing its health system with VtM one (7 hit points)
    Or what SCL did by replacing spell slots and resting with cooldowns.

^ Top  
  11. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Screenshots from Eurogamer.pl:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera/posts/1647389

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Thank you, you just ruined my day, again...:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

:negative:

^ Top  
  14. Rev Arcane

Rev
    Another shit move from Fargo. I had hopes on this game despite WL2 being bad, but the console port is yet another way of spitting on the backers' faces. And if he thinks the game will sell good on consoles he's delusional.
    At least, after this we are safe from getting another fraud KS from inXile soon, since they would get even less than what they got with Bard's Tale.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Fry Arcane

Fry
    Full Codex hyperbole achieved.

The game is much better than WL2 based on writing alone. The only thing a console port is going to affect is combat, and combat has been kinda shit from the beginning.

• Disagree x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Lurker King Self-Ejected The Real Fanboy

Self-Ejected
    So now is safe to say that InXile was endorsing popamolism all along using backer’s money to aim at a wider audience. I can’t wait to see codexers reactions to Bard’s Tale IV! It will be a popamole-streamlined shit with graphics for causals. The buttornado will be unprecedented.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. pocahaunted Arcane

pocahaunted
    Torment console garbage confirmed.

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Rahdulan Arcane Patron

Rahdulan
    Plot thickens, eh? I just hope they'll be gamepad-ready from the beginning. :shittydog:

^ Top  
  19. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    At least The Kodex doesn't blow this totally out of proportions.. :shittydog:

• Shit Shit x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Lurker King Self-Ejected The Real Fanboy

Self-Ejected
    Now that I know that they are supporting consoletardism I look at the screenshots and I can only see "another shitty isometric game for retards". LOL The trailer alone ruins everything. I even made an account on their foruns to back the game in the last minute. I'm glad I didn't.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    ^ Top  
  21. Rev Arcane

Rev
    Not true. It may (and probably will) affect the UI and also pretty much everything else may be turned down to cater a bigger, dumber audience. It's already happened with other games.
    Also, it's impossible that they've started to work on the port in the last month, so this move nobody asked for has also caused at least the last couple delays. So, we're getting the game three years late because they want to pander the console crowd. GG, Fargo.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  22. Belegarsson Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Patron

Belegarsson
    Did Wasteland 2 even sell that good to warrant another peasant boxes release for Torment?

^ Top  
  23. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer Sad Loser

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Jesus Christ, the Codex is on a spin again. The same thing happened with W2 and with Divinity: OS. Both had console versions, but that doesn't affected the PC version at all. Yet some of you idiots are all gloom and doom again! This happened the third time, but you still act like a retarded child.

OMG, Fargo offers a console version which doesn't affect the PC version, what a scumbag! And don't tell me that "oh, but it affects the PC, version" because it fucking doesn, you pathetic piece of shit!

• retadred x 5
    • Shit x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Fry Arcane

Fry
    Yeah, OK. Unless you can point me to specific examples, I'm gonna say you don't really know what you're talking about.

The problem with this game has been and will continue to be this: Numenera. They've actually made a good-faith attempt to adapt the tabletop game to computer, and that's kind of a mistake. It's a system designed primarily for role playing with very shallow and uninteresting combat. Frankly, I would have preferred that they just take the setting of Numenera and combine it with a combat system of their own design.

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Zombra An iron rock in the river of blood and evil Patron

Zombra
    Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
    Remind me how the console ports ruined Wasteland 2. Honest question.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.