Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

kris

Arcane
I had a horrible idea just now - since this is on a quick way to getting funded, some kind of horrible Whedonite abortion is surely to follow in its wake. NOOOOOOO!

Yeah, I can't wait to see current fat Nathan Fillion get back in his leather pants.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
At least it means actual people will get credit for what they did instead of the old way where you supposed to trust in companies.
But games are a collaborative process. A person may have ownership of an area or character, but perhaps the things you liked about them came about as a result of team feedback or a suggestion from another.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
At least it means actual people will get credit for what they did instead of the old way where you supposed to trust in companies.
But games are a collaborative process. A person may have ownership of an area or character, but perhaps the things you liked about them came about as a result of team feedback or a suggestion from another.
True, it's not a perfect system, but it's an improvement.

Kirtai

Augur
So are films but the identity of the director or actors etc are can, if nothing else, help you decide if you want to check it out.

Thinking about that, it would be interesting to be able to rate games and see what names are most prominent in your most (and least) favourites.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm fairly sure there's going to be a 2D stretch goal. Just wait for it.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Yeah, I like that about Sawyer. I also asked him for beginner's tips on Darklands on Formspring and he gave me a 12 paragraph response.
:love:

Stabwound

Arcane
Apparently we should have asked for a Sawyer playthrough and commentary of Arcanum instead of MCA.

I'm not sure if I totally expect 2D or not, but if it does come it'll surely be a high-end stretch goal to milk dat jew gold.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Not sure if these have been posted yet. I haven't seen them.

600x338f.jpg

600x338.jpg

600x338e.jpg

Kirtai

Augur
I wish they'd post their art in higher resolutions. Those look cool though.

Edit: Found the first two on the Numenera site.

uaciaut

Augur
Am i the only one who's excited that they're bringing the writer of Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines on board?

Lancehead

Liturgist
So Fathoms are the endless dungeon equivalent of TToN. Not bad. And bringing Mitsoda on-board is nice, but not "raging hard-on" for me.

Am i the only one who's excited that they're bringing the writer of Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines on board?

No. :love:

I won't mind if they don't go for 2D, but I think showing a screenshot of 2D will bring them a lot of $$$. People are graphic whores like that. :( I actually think it might be better for this game to be 3D. Maybe they can do more interesting stuff with locations that way (because of all the weirdness of locations). 2D will only be :incline: from purely esthetic / graphicswhore perspective.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
Yeah Obsidian made good games recently like KOTOR 2, MotB, AP, F:NV

I dunno I just think that having Inexile make a Torment sequel when Wasteland looks meh is a disgrace to the Torment name

The concept art is way better than Obsidian's I'd give you that

Planescape: Torment was a pretty average novel and a subpar game, even for Infinity Engine standards. It was Twilight for 15 year old nerds in 1999. If you can read through the game's "deep themes" right now and still believe it was some sort of masterwork, you probably haven't ever read an actual book. So, yeah, it will hardly get any worse than it was. Faux philosophy and a game about characters (not unlike many Bioware titles) with a short plot that doesn't even exploit the main ideas it seems to be built around.

Nigga I reads better than you

Also lol at your 16 year old arguing tactics of U RNT SMRT ENUF

grdja

Augur
Actually, prerendered backgrounds will satisfy graphic whores much better than using Wasteland 2 engine and having "full" 3D graphics, since W2 engine looks like something from early 2000's. Don't see what's the problem really, PE had that graphic choice by default. And great majority of adventure games are the same, pre-rendered backgrounds with 3D models of characters and maybe important/interactable/moveable objects.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom