Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
InXile probably learned the lesson about that. :M

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Mark Morgan ‏@Kotowst
@Kotowst: @zinigor I,m not saying for sure but I really doubt that we will be able to use a real choir. Expensive, not sure it fits the vibe
Modern samples and audio production plugins/software are so good that most people would never know the difference; it's already good enough for 99% of TV, movies and games. It'd basically come down to whether you are an audio engineer yourself and thus are already intimately familiar with the software and sample library being used, rather than because anything about it sounds "fake." Spending thousands of dollars hiring an orchestra, large choir etc. would be a complete waste.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Colin McComb less than a minute ago
@Cipher - if I said anything to you about the hunter right now, I would hear a knock on my door in about 15 minutes because Kevin would run from California to Michigan in order to punch me in the throat and break my fingers. He would shout, "NO SPOILERS!" while he did it, and then I'd be spending the next several months investigating hands- and voice-free typing technology.

:lol:

Koschey

Arcane
:lol:

Next Stretchgoal:
Since Colin just COULDN'T KEEP HIS DAMN MOUTH SHUT, he is for inexplicable reasons completely unrelated to Kevin unable to use a normal computer. Thus, at this funding level, we will buy him a computer that can be controlled entirely via eye movement, so he can continue working on Torment: Tides of Numenera!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Colin McComb 2 minutes ago
Everyone: I've just heard from Kevin that the update will be coming out later today, and you can marvel at Adam!

(IIRC it may talk about the Tides).

Colin McComb 2 minutes ago
@ Morgan - We do plan on having some interpersonal conflict. Party interaction won't just be for flavor. :)

Colin McComb 1 minute ago
@ Boox - Numenera is so crazy, it's going to be hard to push the envelope. Plus, Monte knows where I live. That said, we're mostly setting our game outside of his established area for the setting so that we don't conflict with his plans, so we can refer to the Steadfast but we won't be bound by that entirely. As far as the rules, Kevin and Adam will have to speak to that. :)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
And as for abandoning it, there's a hunter on their tail not to mention the possibility that whilst in your body they've done some bad things that people want revenge for.
That makes sense. I forgot about the hunter.

Stabwound

Arcane
"Updated my alignment system."

Are they going to have the same voice actor back? :eek: Or is that a hacked together message?

The tides thing sounds like something people are going to scum (save/reload) to try the different options and see how it affects their tide. I hope they can handle it so that it deters that kind of thing.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
lackluster art from Wallin this time. what a disappointment.. especially when we finally get it in wallpaper size...

I am now Zed, Obsidian Exile of the Torment Order. huehue

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
j/k I'm Zed, Larping Fag of the Codex Order

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
"Updated my alignment system."

Are they going to have the same voice actor back? :eek: Or is that a hacked together message?

The tides thing sounds like something people are going to scum (save/reload) to try the different options and see how it affects their tide. I hope they can handle it so that it deters that kind of thing.

There are a few easy ways. For instance, track the Tides on a continuous spectrum, but only show the player a few discrete levels. So, you'd only move from, say, Gold 1 to Gold 2 after several increases.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://torment.uservoice.com/forum...e-aforementioned-romance-with-the-ball-of-goo

Video-game romances are awful. They polarize the community, and bring out a vocal minority who really want an isometric dating simulator and will not accept any criticism or negativity towards this... the Bioware forums are swarming with such opinions. Blacked out sex scenes as conversation tree rewards? It hasnt worked since Jaheira and Viconia, and even than it was rather silly (to say nothing of certain Dragon Age mods). Lets face it, Obsidian has been handling romances the best in modern RPGs, by letting you spend caps on prostitutes or having Veronica awkwardly tell you to scram.

I propose one gender neutral romance option, with the sentient ball of goo. One dialogue tree, with plenty of bailout options should it disgust you (as it should). In fact, every dialogue tree should have an option to ask it to turn back into a sword, especially when it pours out its heart to you. The love story of you and the goo should be tragic, painful, and with no sexual climax. It should have depth and reward however, and potentially its own zone.

Other than that, I strongly encourage the devs to eschew romance in this game, unless it follows the path of Deionarra... the first time around ;)

:greatjob:

Rake

Arcane
Some of the commenters there and in the strech goals ideas are retards. I wasn't at W2 forums back then, was it so bad with the idiots, or has inXile become more "mainstream" and attracts every idiot hipster out there?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some of the commenters there and in the strech goals ideas are retards. I wasn't at W2 forums back then, was it so bad with the idiots, or has inXile become more "mainstream" and every idiot hipster out there?

It was pretty bad, although in a less hipsterish way.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Don't *Make* Us Play Another Straight-Haired White Person

:hmmm:

What has he got against straight-haired people, anyway?
256px-Planescape-torment-box.jpg

Rasta Nigger would be more correct, but what would I know, I just played the original Torment.

Rake

Arcane
Good. That means that they will probably ignore the lot of them here as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom