Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Behead those who think phase-based combat implies real-time resolution. Flagged as inappropriate.

Rake

Arcane
Behead those who think phase-based combat implies real-time resolution.
Why? Let them think it and maybe they will vote for it. If you read the comments you will see things like
I prefer RTWP, but phase-based would be my second choice. Turn-based is too immersion-breaking for my tastes.
If it comes between RTwP and phase based what would you prefer?

Kirtai

Augur
I'm quite interested in seeing what the characters wind up as. Hopefully they'll be quite strange and not the generic big, muscley football hooligan or wispy lingerie model.

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
@Captain Shrek commented · March 16, 2013 9:09 a.m. · Flag as inappropriatePhase based for intents and purposes is a sub-optimal RTwP or Sub-optimal TB

Rule number 1 of internet idiot : if proven wrong on one forum, just ignore that fact an post your inane comments on another one.

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
@Captain Shrek commented · March 16, 2013 9:09 a.m. · Flag as inappropriatePhase based for intents and purposes is a sub-optimal RTwP or Sub-optimal TB

Rule number 1 of internet idiot : if proven wrong on one forum, just ignore that fact an post your inane comments on another one.

When was I "proven wrong"?

Right then and in the next pages : www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/info-about-torments-tides-and-combat-at-vg247.81186/page-6

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Forget it, it's like arguing with a brick wall.

It's kind of sad, because if Shrek had a more open mind he'd realize that by his own standards phase based combat is more hardcore and difficult than turn based.

But no, he's not familiar with it, it's not "traditional", so it must somehow be a decline and we're all a bunch of maniacs for daring to suggest anything other than the holy doctrine of turn based.

Dermi

Novice
90% of those game ideas on the social site are fucking anally retarded.
Character appearance changes: make a Torment: The Sims game? WTF? And it's 3rd place right now...
It makes me kinda pity for inXile to have to browse through this useless crap to find only a couple of worthy suggestions. Fargo and the rest of guys know their shit and won't stray from their vision just because some retards demand a hairdresser. Too bad they have to read all of that, though.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:lol: "Turn-based good! Cooldowns and regen bad!"

Holy crap you're such a try-hard. You're like the weird insecure kid in school who tries to ingratiate himself with the "popular crowd" by agreeing with everything he thinks they're in favor of, without actually understanding it.

Grow a fucking backbone, learn to think critically about things and make up your own goddamn mind. Anybody can mindlessly recite the dogma of the (non-existent) "Codex hivemind". You'll gain respect here by thinking differently and being able to argue coherently in favor of it.

norolim

Arcane
Could a knowledgeable Codexian suggest some good ideas we could vote for (e.g. TB combat)? I would myself, but it would need a nice description and I don't realy have time to write one atm. Too much work :cry:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member

hiver

Thats what you get for letting non-backers in. In addition to obvious biodrones who became backers. And there is another one who says he doesnt want romances but would like romance with the ball of goo.... again.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
90% of those game ideas on the social site are fucking anally retarded.
Character appearance changes: make a Torment: The Sims game? WTF? And it's 3rd place right now...
It makes me kinda pity for inXile to have to browse through this useless crap to find only a couple of worthy suggestions. Fargo and the rest of guys know their shit and won't stray from their vision just because some retards demand a hairdresser. Too bad they have to read all of that, though.

Yeah, well, apparently they are "considering" it.

RPGs are now about how the character looks, inXile should follow.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Well right on that page is this.
"We believe our goals for combat design are independent of the specific system used. Soon we will design and present two or three combat systems that we believe will work well with our goals, and we’ll leave it to the backers to decide the specific system."
Why would they leave this of all things up to popular vote?

mondblut

Arcane
"We believe our goals for combat design are independent of the specific system used. Soon we will design and present two or three combat systems that we believe will work well with our goals, and we’ll leave it to the backers to decide the specific system."

Because "a Torment game" means "not a fuck about combat is given".

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom