Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
Then why bother funding games that promise to deliver good stories with philosophical motifs? The industry is pretty good at making time-wasters as it is.
Err.... For fun?

DA2 is also a time waster. But it is painful to play. Removing terrible game elements is something that improves fun.

For details read:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...scourse-on-what-constitutes-good-games.76382/

Well... yeah, but you can have good gameplay elements without a meaningful overarching plot. Sounds like more than wasting time, I think. That is, if Torment were a book, I'd expect it to be a good read, at least...

Uh, now it definitely sounds like I picked the wrong hobby. :(

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Can people stop pointing to joindate instead of offering counterarguments? It's really, really fucking retarded, and it's spreading like a case of veneral disease through the codex.

Thank you.

There are no arguments to counter there, just opinions. Another day, another Drog.

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Or him dressed up as an elf.

ELV65mw.jpg

Krash

Arcane
There are no arguments to counter there, just opinions. Another day, another Drog.

To be fair, most of the times this happens the argument in question is so utterly retarded that a counterargument isn't really needed.

In the old days dissing retarded opinions was done in far more creative and amusing ways; this is just so lazy. And it's increasingly being used outside of making fun of retards - to diss new posters whom oldfags happen to disagree with.

But whatev, let's not get sidetracked here.

Koschey

Arcane
What can change the nature of a writer? Regret over being responsible for the Complete Book of the Master Race :lol:

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
:lol: It's just me, or Fargo is trying to push for McColin to be the champion of T:ToN, the same way Avellone was the campion of PS:T. Anyways that was a nice and fun video, and McColin seems to be a real bro.

Stabwound

Arcane
:lol: It's just me, or Fargo is trying to push for McColin to be the champion of T:ToN, the same way Avellone was the campion of PS:T. Anyways that was a nice and fun video, and McColin seems to be a real bro.
He's the face of the project, like Sawyer is of Project: Eternity. You can tell they're trying to be more proactive with the marketing of this kickstarter compared to Wasteland 2, and it looks like it's paying off.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
He's the face of the project, like Sawyer is of Project: Eternity. You can tell they're trying to be more proactive with the marketing of this kickstarter compared to Wasteland 2, and it looks like it's paying off.

Yeah you gotta have some of that hipster appeal to market a Kickstarter well. It's a generational thing, I think. Folks connect more to easily to somebody who reminds them of their cool older brother than to somebody who reminds them of their dad.

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Yeah, the appeal of kickstarter all about feeling magnanimous; you are helping someone you like do something you think is cool. The feeling of generosity is all tied up in power dynamics. It's alot easier to to fall into that mindset when helping out someone who's roughly your social equal than when you donate money to your dad.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Not that I consider it a bad thing. Moreover seems to be a sound and effective move.

Stabwound

Arcane
How long is this thing going to hit the next stretch goal? 500k between is a lot of money. I wonder if they'll throw other things out past the $3,000,000 level. 500k between goals there is pretty wishful thinking.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom