Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Kirtai

Augur
I may not agree with Sawyer but he seems quite willing to throw away ideas that don't work and to explain his reasoning which is more than good enough.

uaciaut

Augur
How long is this thing going to hit the next stretch goal? 500k between is a lot of money. I wonder if they'll throw other things out past the $3,000,000 level. 500k between goals there is pretty wishful thinking.
It makes sense to have big step stretch goals at the start and the end, and smaller increments in between. I think the update discussed that? Don't fret unduly, I think we've got a good approach for keeping things interesting, including setting up a continuous stretch goal. That's p vague but it's all I got.

Pitch big city 2 as your next goal, i'm really curious how that will affect the rate of donations. D:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Wasn't PS:T based on an earlier version of the engine than BG1? A fork from an earlier version or something?

SW: [laughs] Baldur's Gate was being developed concurrently at the same time Planescape was. So as they would release updates to the Baldur's Gate engine, we'd incorporate them and, shortly thereafter we started making some large changes to their engine as they were developing it. But, I think Planescape originally went into production in late 97, early 98, as it is now, and then got put on hold for 10 months while Fallout 2 was wrapped up. There were around 3 programmers on the team working on modifications for the Planescape engine during that time, but the real development started happening in late 98. We busted through the content of the game in 11 months.

Not that earlier. The things they did to make combat worse were purely design decisions.

Zeriel

Arcane
I never found Torment's combat that bad for the type of game it was. It's not like BG's combat got even remotely interesting until 2 (and that was only because of mage battles). Torment at least had the virtue of cool spells and abilities that evoked the setting and tied into the characters in a personal way (I will never forget Dakkon's crossbow of *knowing* infinite projectiles).

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dakkon? Crossbow?

http://www.formspring.me/GZiets/q/435924908355123139

8lJR8kI.png

:yeah:

norolim

Arcane

I wouldn't expect anything different from someone paying to post on an internet forum.
Yeah. A get the impression, this moron was never going to stick to his pledge. If it wasn't the "non-apology" it would be the word "no": You used the word no in your update. I hate the word no. I never use the word no. No pledge from me in that case.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Pretty much. Everybody is better off without these "I don't like your face, I'm taking back my money" retards. You'd expect people to take back their money if something is announced about the game that they don't like, but no the "terrible game design" wasn't enough. You see, he was doing them a favor by pledging. But NOT ANYMORE!

Some people in the rpg.net thread got butthurt too.

Likely the "why are elves racist? :((((" people?

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Could be a joke post, could be serious. Really difficult to tell, since it's SA after all. Kind of like that one thread about niggers in Site Feedback.

Stabwound

Arcane
Cool video, but it does have some minor story spoilers for those that care that much about it.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Those 'meres' (?) sound like a really cool idea, something original that wasn't in PST, but yeah, giving spoilers isn't very good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom