Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Oh please. It's not that much of a spoiler. :roll:
It is IMO. For me, part of the charm of my first playthrough of PST was that I knew nothing at all. The Nameless One awoke in the Mortuary and I was like "WTF where am I what is it how's that fucking skull alive and how can I shut it up?" and it went even further upon exiting it. With Tides, they are pretty much telling us how the beginning will look like. It might be good for marketing reasons, but reveals some of the magic too.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
the way previews work these days, i doubt any of us will be left with much to figure out about who your character is and where he starts come release. Unless one goes on a media lockdown for a specific game.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't think this update is showing anything new, actually. Well, maybe the name of the city. So really, what spoilers.

He does provide more details on how your character will throw his consciousness into other people.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Those 'meres' (?) sound like a really cool idea, something original that wasn't in PST, but yeah, giving spoilers isn't very good.
They sound awesome. Like playable sensory stones, except whatever you do actually happens.

The more I hear about this game the more I :bounce:

Also, I'm loving the one uppery of the guys working on the game. By the end of this campaign, it's gonna be like Colin will go skinny dipping in the East River if you raise another 100k.

Koschey

Arcane
Gosh, if only there were some way to avoid being exposed to the spoilers. Like, I dunno, not watching video updates that are clearly stated to include story details. Call me crazy, but I think it could work.
:troll:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He does provide more details on how your character will throw his consciousness into other people.
Not really. We knew that the MC would be able to project his consciousness into other people and the thing with improving or ruining their life is no spoiler, IMHO. Nor is the travel into other dimensions. But OK, I haven't known about the time travel.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Another nice update. Those updates illustrate what we can expect at the high level, without going into too much detail, and as such are informative without being too informative (i.e. spoilerish). Knowledge of high level ideas does not spoil the game, just like knowing the basics of the plot and characters doesn't spoil a book. Knowing that a main character of the book is a guy named Winston that works for Ministry of Truth in future dystopian totalitarian society doesn't spoil 1984. For one of the future updates, Colin should play something on the guitar that lies in the background. I won't be so cruel to suggest a singing update.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Oh please. It's not that much of a spoiler. :roll:
It is IMO. For me, part of the charm of my first playthrough of PST was that I knew nothing at all. The Nameless One awoke in the Mortuary and I was like "WTF where am I what is it how's that fucking skull alive and how can I shut it up?" and it went even further upon exiting it. With Tides, they are pretty much telling us how the beginning will look like. It might be good for marketing reasons, but reveals some of the magic too.
I'm with you here, but I'll watch it all nevertheless because with my fucked up memory I'll probably forget most of it by the time the game ships.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Oh hey it's video update #2. Oh well. Enjoy!

re: spoilers. Brian hates spoilers and as a matter of policy we try to avoid 'em. That said, if you want to go in completely blank the only way to assure that is to not read updates, really. With the way narrative and gameplay are intertwined in this title, it's hard to talk about even gameplay without mentioning any narrative.

Also minor spoiler: this update is going to give the Codex a total raging hard-on. True story. :bounce:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh hey it's video update #2. Oh well. Enjoy!

re: spoilers. Brian hates spoilers and as a matter of policy we try to avoid 'em. That said, if you want to go in completely blank the only way to assure that is to not read updates, really. With the way narrative and gameplay are intertwined in this title, it's hard to talk about even gameplay without mentioning any narrative.

Also minor spoiler: this update is going to give the Codex a total raging hard-on. True story. :bounce:

2D?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer

SPOIL IT ALREADY

Fine. Inspired by the competition we've decided to go with a persistent online world, financed by micro-transactions. :salute: It's the best of both worlds, both deep and immersive AND social!!

PS: it's not 2D, sorry if I got hopes up on that topic.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Fine. Inspired by the competition we've decided to go with a persistent online world, financed by micro-transactions. :salute: It's the best of both worlds, both deep and immersive AND social!!

Houses too, I hope?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom