Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

norolim

Arcane
Fine. Inspired by the competition we've decided to go with a persistent online world, financed by micro-transactions. :salute: It's the best of both worlds, both deep and immersive AND social!!
PS: it's not 2D, sorry if I got hopes up on that topic.
What about a Season Pass?! I want a Season Pass!

catfood

AGAIN
Oh please. It's not that much of a spoiler. :roll:
It is IMO. For me, part of the charm of my first playthrough of PST was that I knew nothing at all. The Nameless One awoke in the Mortuary and I was like "WTF where am I what is it how's that fucking skull alive and how can I shut it up?" and it went even further upon exiting it. With Tides, they are pretty much telling us how the beginning will look like. It might be good for marketing reasons, but reveals some of the magic too.
Yeah, you have a point. Discovering all that weird shit was half the fun of PST.

But.

I don't know about anyone else, but I will most likely forget all about it before I even get to play the game.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
MITSODA!!! And Castoff's Labyrinth sounds like an interesting game mechanic. Hopefully it will actually be worth not reloading.
Brother None What happens when you die while dead in the Labyrinth? Some kind of the old Mortuary deal?

Stabwound

Arcane
Sorry, no raging boner for Mitsoda from me. Isn't he busy enough with other things, anyway?

Castoff’s Labyrinth sounds p. cool though.

Gozma

Arcane
Kinda fucked up that they are creating incentives so that all the writers on RPGs should immediately start marketing themselves as internet celebrities.

"Yeah, I wrote clean as an elven arse... I'm a stretch goal name"

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The Labyrinth sounds like an interesting place to get lost in. I'm liking how these KS projects are building upon each other, essentially one upping each other constantly. It creates a healthy kind of competition.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Kinda fucked up that they are creating incentives so that all the writers on RPGs should immediately start marketing themselves as internet celebrities.

"Yeah, I wrote clean as an elven arse... I'm a stretch goal name"
At least it means actual people will get credit for what they did instead of the old way where you supposed to trust in companies.

Gozma

Arcane
Yeah, I'm not exactly against it, just kinda uneasy. Like what about trying to make a unified aesthetic when one guy is like "I write Gromnir dialog, it's my thing, I have 1000 twitter followers that send me blowjob formspring questions"

hiver

Now this is a very good update.

Liking all im reading in it. Labyrinth seems almost too ambitious, with all of the fathoms and reflections of your companions...

But, when you take into account that we may "die" hundreds and hundreds of times... im not sure there can be that much content inside it.
Of course, since combat isnt the focus maybe there wont be that many chances to die... but on the other hand im pretty sure the players will kill themselves in order to get all of the content and cyphers from it.
(this makes me conclude that cyphers are something like glyphs or runes instead of something materialistic, of course)
And then you can also get secret Meres, which is a great concept on its own.

- You guys might want to consider limiting this in some way.

It seems in this game dying has only benefits.

Also...
I suppose there will be some kind of explanation why our body is practically... err... immortal, (as in you dont die of old age or sickness but can by killed, right?) - but.. doesnt that go against the "what one life matters?"

Pretty good ideas about new stretch goals, all around.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom