Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Deleted member 7219

I like this update very much. Mechanics they presented sound great, and I :love: Mitsoda! He did a great job at Bloodlines.

He did, but what has he done since? It was a long time ago, in game years.

I backed Dead State and I really hope it turns out to be great, but I'm more concerned after reading this news, not less.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
"With each new stretch goal... we will employ another writer." More text is always nice, but no raging boner.

Also, the dungeon idea, great stuff.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Mitsoda will more than likely design an area, just like Ziets will. As both of them are still busy with other projects.

BobtheTree

Savant
Doesn't Mitsoda have his own game to make? All these Kistarter projects are going to delay each other with all this cross studio collaboration. :P

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I suppose there will be some kind of explanation why our body is practically... err... immortal, (as in you dont die of old age or sickness but can by killed, right?) - but.. doesnt that go against the "what one life matters?"

I don't see why it would. What does your life matter even if you are immortal? Maybe being immortal doesn't matter? If anything it just gives us a new angle to ask the same question.

hiver

They said that schedules of Brian and Torment development are fitting for this to work.

9 months pre-production, remember?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Mitsoda will more than likely design an area, just like Ziets will. As both of them are still busy with other projects.

The zone will be called "Deb of the Nigh" and feature an epic fight with a Frickin' Chicken. Shame he was not credited on some of the voice work he ended up doing on Bloodlines.

Also, besides Bloodlines, what has he been up to till now? Besides the awesome Dead State?

hiver

I suppose there will be some kind of explanation why our body is practically... err... immortal, (as in you dont die of old age or sickness but can by killed, right?) - but.. doesnt that go against the "what one life matters?"

I don't see why it would. What does your life matter even if you are immortal? Maybe being immortal doesn't matter? If anything it just gives us a new angle to ask the same question.
Good point.

Though it is much, much, much easier to make your life matter if you are immortal. Surely.
You do loose a sense of urgency - which was something very clearly communicated in PST.

Another thing is this dying business doesnt really fit with being immortal. - I mean...its all to easy and brings only benefits, which i pointed out already.

But keep in mind im not simply criticizing. Im asking for additional explanations and info so it all makes better sense.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal

The zone will be called "Deb of the Nigh" and feature an epic fight with a Frickin' Chicken. Shame he was not credited on some of the voice work he ended up doing on Bloodlines.

Also, besides Bloodlines, what has he been up to till now? Besides the awesome Dead State?
He worked in a bunch of cancelled Obsidian projects.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Both Ziets and Brian can roll in more once their current projects wrap up, yes. Not undoable

(this makes me conclude that cyphers are something like glyphs or runes instead of something materialistic, of course)

Cyphers are one of the types of numenera in the Ninth World, described here.

norolim

Arcane
This game gets better after every update so far. And Mitsoda will probably join after Dead State is finished...if it's ever finished :lol:

Last edited:

Kirtai

Augur
At least it means actual people will get credit for what they did instead of the old way where you supposed to trust in companies.
Indeed, it's annoyed me for a while that you can't follow the work of game designers, writers & artists the way you can follow film directors & actors, book authors or comic artists & writers.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Added three votes for 2D. How the fuck is this even an optional-priority stretch goal, though? Christ.
It's p. obvious they are saving such an important stretch goal for 4 million or something. Money will rain down when they announce it, Fargo isn't dumb.

Kirtai

Augur
Though it is much, much, much easier to make your life matter if you are immortal. Surely.
You do loose a sense of urgency - which was something very clearly communicated in PST.
Remember, you and your creator are being hunted.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom