Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

Discussion in 'inXile Entertainment' started by Florian Gheorghe, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Bleed the Man Arcane Patron

Bleed the Man
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Not that I experienced.

If they have an effect, then that effect isn't signaled, so I might have missed it, but in my experience dispositions in Pillars were much more meaningful, and they were mostly fluff. In Torment they seem to be purely fluff.

Maybe they can change some things in the ending slides, but my ending in particular didn't.

• Despair Despair x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. pomenitul Arbiter

pomenitul
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 14
    • retadred retadred x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. GloomFrost Cipher

GloomFrost
    Endings based on last minute choices??? 4 years you had InXile, 4 God damn years!!!!

• Despair Despair x 2
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. kingcomrade Kingcomrade Edgy

kingcomrade
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Lurker King Self-Ejected The Real Fanboy

Self-Ejected
    It's not the number of reviews that matter, it's the quality of the argumentation.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Salute Salute x 2
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Game crashed after five minutes. All i wanted to do was play the damn game.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Rostere Arcane Patron

Rostere
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Dude. Mark Morgan makes a lot of music which is completely unforgettable, with strong memorable melodies.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    If you updated from Early Access to the full release, I'd Verify Integrity before starting the game. You never know what screwed up old files you have in there.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Lurker King Self-Ejected The Real Fanboy

Self-Ejected
    A team of writers, better technology, more than 10 years of acquired knowledge and the game is much worse in every aspect. Avellone wrote PS:T all by himself in one year, alone. The decline is real.

• decline decline x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    No, no - they wrote with a whole team instead of one guy, they followed up on a classic instead of making an original game, between those handicaps they gave themselves it's good job they made a halfway working game!

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  11. Vagiel Augur

Vagiel
    Well I really hope the game is good. Wasteland was OK and the premise is nice so I am all for it but those guys I trust. The had I believe the first review for underail and a very positive one at that.

Please codex prove those poverty stricken Greeks wrong and let me enjoy this game. After a year when it's patched and ready.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Quillon Magister

Quillon
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    This is a very big problem. Coherency and style can't be sustained with a lot of cooks in any creative endeavor, I once composed a score for a short film with a few other people and it was hell. The final result was utter garbage, unintelligible gibberish and incoherent musical ideas, just plain awful. You probably need an editor + a lead writer who reads everything everyone writes and rewrites the obvious clashes for teams to work well.

• Agree Agree x 14
    ^ Top  
  14. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    It crashed for me during first tutorial crisis LOL. This does not bode well...
    EDIT: and there is no save game until that moment lol

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    ^ Top  
  16. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    6/10 is not even "lower than average".

:troll:

The game has been running well for me btw.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Quillon Magister

Quillon
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 4
    ^ Top  
  18. Zorba the Hutt Arcane Weasel

Zorba the Hutt
    So promoting Brother None to Lead Programmer backfired? Disappointing.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Lurker King Self-Ejected The Real Fanboy

Self-Ejected
    Agree 100%. Even if they had relied on just one bad writer, it would still be better than this.

• Edgy Edgy x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. nikolokolus Arcane

nikolokolus
    First Impression:
    Why in the hell, did they decide to reveal the entire mystery of your existence in the first 30 minutes? What a blown opportunity.
    Second Impression:
    They should have spent some of that Kickstarter loot on an editor; the writing is beyond purple and full of awkward metaphors. I feel like I'm reading bad fanfic half the time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. TheSentinel Arcane

TheSentinel
    Playing the game, I like how you can apparently solve situations by talking to people and aren't forced into combat all the time. I also like how you can use environment a lot (for example finding that mace by breaking some shit, or just exploring and interacting with odd things in the world). Combat's not too terrible, to be honest, but the companions are pure shit. Pretty sure I've already guessed the entire story, but we'll see. Might be a 5/10 game with potential for a sequel.

Oh and I really like the soundtrack so far. There are some very good, mellow tracks.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. GloomFrost Cipher

GloomFrost
    Yeah but one of the biggest selling points of the kickstarter was the "writing team" Mitozda, Avellone, Zeits,Cook... god knows who else. Looks like it didnt work as planned.

• Despair Despair x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. IHaveHugeNick Arcane

IHaveHugeNick
    I guess he also suffers from multiple personality disorder and 7 additional designers in PS:T credits are all his aliases.

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Again, there was no huge writing team of a dozen people. This is a misconception that's been around since the Kickstarter. The game was written in practice by basically two people with two or three others helping them. I think PoE may have actually had more people dedicated to writing companions.

• [citation needed] [citation needed] x 7
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Lurker King Self-Ejected The Real Fanboy

Self-Ejected
    Look, I will be the first to criticize the excess of cult personality here. I didn’t say he designed the game by himself. I said that he wrote the game by itself.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.