Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Total War Saga: Troy - now on Steam

Hellion

Arcane
Looking forward to Achilles, Diomedes and Ajax wearing prestigeous, historically accurate, bronze Mycenaean armor.

D5o_mn-XkAAnB9H.jpg

mbv123

Arbiter
Reusing hoplite assets from Rome 2 and transfering them to Three Kingdoms engine thus justifying the existence of hero units
Genius to say the least

ZeniBot

Cipher
This is a stupid idea because everyone knows CA's AI can't seige properly. Troy wins against the Greeks because the Greeks got stuck on wall geo and can't pathfind out of collision.
They should have just focused on a campaign orientated towards more pitched battles like Alexander.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Reusing hoplite assets from Rome 2 and transfering them to Three Kingdoms engine thus justifying the existence of hero units

Going by Thrones of Britannia it seems like minimum effort is the name of the game for Saga titles. I like the idea of localized campaigns where you go into deeper detail, but they made some really odd choices in ToB. At least it resulted in Rome 2 and Attila seeing some new updates/content so something good came out of it.

thesecret1

Arcane
I don't even care what next TW game setting is, just give me an AI that has more than two or three tactics in total and cannot be utterly destroyed by simple flanking every single time.
How to win in a TW game:
1. hide cavalry in forest or behind a hill or something
2. wait for enemy to attack (or do it yourself). Infantry vs infantry, enemy cavalry will charge the spearmen you placed on the flanks because you knew it was coming, etc. The important thing is enemy units are tied up in combat
3. take your hidden cavalry and use it to kill enemy general with it (he always stays back), then proceed to stomp through enemy backlines
4. massacre the routing enemies

ZeniBot

Cipher

Max Edge

I wonder if they stick with history or with Homer.

I afraid we get hellenistic hoplites, hundred meters walls and super- saiyan Achilles.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I don't even care what next TW game setting is, just give me an AI that has more than two or three tactics in total and cannot be utterly destroyed by simple flanking every single time.
How to win in a TW game:
1. hide cavalry in forest or behind a hill or something
2. wait for enemy to attack (or do it yourself). Infantry vs infantry, enemy cavalry will charge the spearmen you placed on the flanks because you knew it was coming, etc. The important thing is enemy units are tied up in combat
3. take your hidden cavalry and use it to kill enemy general with it (he always stays back), then proceed to stomp through enemy backlines
4. massacre the routing enemies
Actually that’s how plenty of IRL battles were won. Just saying.

Horton

Educated
I would also love to see Aeneas, the guy who led the trojans to found Rome, it is going to be awesome.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
This is a stupid idea because everyone knows CA's AI can't seige properly. Troy wins against the Greeks because the Greeks got stuck on wall geo and can't pathfind out of collision.
They should have just focused on a campaign orientated towards more pitched battles like Alexander.
Most of Trojan war was about Greeks raiding Trojan allies and villages in Troad in true :obviously: way.

Falksi

Arcane
Damn. Saw the title and was hoping it was gonna be an underwater tactical battle fest, starring eyebrowed heart-throb Troy Tempest.........

troy-marina-atlanta.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom