Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Total War Saga: Troy - now on Steam

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Which are...?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Isn't this game 1 year old? Shouldn't these issues been patched already?

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Isn't this game 1 year old already? Shouldn't these issues been patched already?

I don't know, but this is CA we're talking about. They usually have lots of issues that should have been patched already.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Eh, that just means I'll be following the further development of this game and get it at bargain bin prices if I deem it playable. I also don't have a lot of experience with the Total War games since I've only ever played a bit of Warhammer, so I doubt I'll feel the issues as accutely as a fan of this series. I'm a sucker for this kind of setting ever since AoM and it's super rare.

A horse of course

This will be a shitty tacked-on mode just like in Three Fantasoydoms. Historychad titles aren't just about unit sizes and armour appearance.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The game is as dead as Britannia and no amount of tweaking will change that. But people pointed out that this would happen from day 1.

Lacrymas

Arcane
If it channels the Age of Mythology spirit, it might attract some fans, me included. As far as I can gather from skimming a few let's plays, there aren't enough factions and that kinda hurts replayability. It's only the Greeks vs the Trojans. Are the Amazons a faction of their own or are they aligned with one of the two major ones?

Last edited:

A horse of course

If it channels the Age of Mythology spirit, it might attract some fans, me included. As far as I can gather from skimming a few let's plays, there aren't enough factions and that kinda hurts replayability. It's only the Greeks vs the Trojans. Are the Amazons a faction of their own or are they aligned with one of the two major ones?

When I played it they were essentially aligned wth the Trojans (all factions will drift to one side or another after a certain amount of time).

Lacrymas

Arcane
Yeah, I see how that might be a problem and hurts replayability. If they add more civilizations (Egyptians, Hittites) with different objectives and myth units, I can see the game gaining cult status and having a large enough audience to justify more work on it.

dehimos

Augur
That would be great, a map of the Mediterranean with all the kingdoms of the time like Chariots of War.

But it is not a popular topic, perhaps a group of modders.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
So, how shit is it? Releases today and I tend to enjoy greek/roman Mediterranean settings, didn't even mind Rome 2 for one full playthrough.

Edit: OK, just saw the price. Forget I asked.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'm going to try this because I managed to get it at a severely reduced price (-60%) with all the DLCs and I'm a huge AoM fan. Hopefully they've managed to fix the most egregious mistakes.

Beowulf

Arcane
So, how shit is it? Releases today and I tend to enjoy greek/roman Mediterranean settings, didn't even mind Rome 2 for one full playthrough.

Edit: OK, just saw the price. Forget I asked.

I played the Epic version - it builds up on the shittiest elements from CA's previous TW titles, i.e. super fast clickfest battles, inept AI, AI factions conjuring armies out of thin air, AI beelining towards player cities, etc.

Lacrymas

Arcane
To be fair, you can conjure armies out of thin air in the Eye of the Maelstrom campaign in Warhammer 2 too. But tbh, I don't think this franchise is overall good. Something about the battles doesn't click for me. It's kind of you just watching models bumping into each other without much tactics involved. It's either selecting all your units and clicking on the enemy or cheese, there is no in-between. So you might as well watch cool myth units battling it out.

Mazisky

Magister
Game is not bad, althought the historical mode is useless and the Mythos mode, while nice, it's still sub-par compared to Warhammer, so the game is in this weird spot.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Total flop

tO7smZA.jpg

Lacrymas

Arcane
I tried it yesterday, but didn't have much time to play. What with Wrath also coming out. First impressions is that it's a modern Total War. It's not worse than WH by any means. It might actually be better because the archers aren't as prevalent. The maps are prettier and don't suffer from the very strange lighting issues that WH2 does. I'm going with the original truth behind the myth thing to see what's about and playing as Agamemnon. Yeah, it's basically the same. I don't know what people don't like about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom