Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Total War Saga: Troy

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by LESS T_T, Aug 9, 2019.

1. DemonKing Arcane

DemonKing
    That's been happening for a while now elsewhere - quite a few "Netflix" movies were actually supposed to get cinematic releases but the producers crunched the numbers and decided better to sell to Netflix now for a guaranteed profit than risk a cinema release and take a loss.

For free I'll certainly give it a try...hoping its not some kind of Trojan horse.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Alfgart Augur Patron

Alfgart
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    PC Gamer posted a video of a battle demo on facebook youtube

It looks fucking terrible. No wonder they're giving it away

EDIT: Video got deleted from facebook. Changed the link to youtube

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Wyatt_Derp Cipher

Wyatt_Derp
    They stand in solidarity with Black Lives Matter. What you just said is rayciss! I'm calling China. That does it.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    • rolleyes rolleyes x 1
    • No No x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Space Satan Arcane

Space Satan
    [​IMG]

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Aemar Magister

Aemar
    [​IMG]

Light, medium and heavy infantry.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Balanced Balanced x 2
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • Deus Vult Deus Vult x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. razvedchiki Liturgist Sad Loser

razvedchiki

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Galdred Studio Draconis Patron Developer

Galdred
    Actually, it has been the case for quite some time already, but no one paid attention to that until devs started going Epic exclusive.
    But has there ever been any repercussion from Steam against these cases anyway?

^ Top  
  9. razvedchiki Liturgist Sad Loser

razvedchiki
    πονας αλεξακο?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. zapotec Learned

zapotec
    Hmmm the skull helmet big guy looks like grimgor

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. razvedchiki Liturgist Sad Loser

razvedchiki
    he is the minotaur which you get to play with if zeus finds you funny enough.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Aemar Magister

Aemar
    [​IMG]

Cosplay skill confirmed. ''Mythological'' units will consist of humans cosplaying as various creatures, a revolutionary concept never used before in videogames.

Jokes aside, I think Warhammer has brought so much to the table in terms of content and overall quality, that it will take a tremendous effort for CA to convince me to buy any of their future historical titles. Troy is nothing but the latest product in a series based on the same stale formula.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    The fact that this will be released for free on EGS means that for Sega it makes no difference monetarily if we pirate this game or not. Tim Sweeny has paid for it anyway.

• incline incline x 3
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    I'm shocked at how negative the Cody Bonds preview is - his previous content always seemed obscenely obsequious to CA (he even mentions at the end how he loves Thrones of Britannia after a year of patching). It sounds like the PR event they did was handled rather poorly and they managed to piss off some of the e-celebs that attended.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. janior Arcane

janior
    looks garbage, like all nu TW

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. razvedchiki Liturgist Sad Loser

razvedchiki
    there was a saying back in Numenor, when the oak fells everyone can chop it up.
    there was already some uproar in reddit, no youtuber in their right mind would antagonise the fanbase of the games they cover.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Zboj Lamignat Arcane

Zboj Lamignat
    The disparity between different people working on graphic assets for this company is just too extreme. It also seems like a weird decision to keep releasing AAA and XYZ games as parts of the same series.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Search for "Warhammer" or "Creative Assembly" on Artstation. The people working on, say , ships or city models are usually bottom-tier freelancers, whilst the ones that make vanilla W1/2 Legendary Lords and Heroes are their best. You notice this kind of stuff between DLC releases as well, where there's a huge difference in quality from one Lord to the next (some look almost like modder-tier asset swaps) since their best artists are doing more important stuff.

• Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. AliceAlcina Learned

AliceAlcina
    LOL
    But, really, L.O.L.

• Up Yours Up Yours x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Fedora Master Arcane Patron

Fedora Master
    This is clearly their B-Team working on a title they have very little confidence or interest in.

^ Top  
  21. somewhatgiggly Educated

somewhatgiggly
    Oh it's on Epic. Well, eh. I've started to slip in that regard. Gog and Steam both fuck one over anyway so what's one more dick to the body? I got three holes. Five, seven, nine if you get creative.

And it's based on one siege? No big Eastern Mediterranean/Mesopotamian map?

Give:

[​IMG]

Hell cut off Arabia and Egypt south of the First Cataract but still.

We need more Bronze Age games but of course they're going to fuck it all up and make it like the movies. I want to see Babylon and the Hittites and Mitanni and Assyrians and Egyptians faf about. Mycenea and Minoa were side shows, comparatively, and Troy was a sideshow of a sideshow.

Pass. EA/Sega whatever is really fapping to the idea of 'heroes fighting heroes and units are sideshow' lately. Warhammer, Three Kingdoms, now this. Boring.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Whilst the hero/single-entity combat looks shit, and in fact worse than 3K (legacy of the Warhammer engine I guess), they did seem to be trying to really exaggerate the differences between light/heavy/skirmish/chariot units. Unfortunately they seem to have thrown it all in the trash with stupid shit like heavy units being unflankable, and indeed we have no idea how well it works in practice due to the "influencer" demo only having a piss easy and idiotically hard setting.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Beowulf Arcane

Beowulf
    CA has already decided that thy know their audience well and combat must be awesome with awesome animations and constant player engagement clinking awesome buttons to use unit/leaders skills. Super fast RTS combat with units breaking almost instantly somewhat covers for the Battle AI inadequacy, but that's my main beef with their games and the reason why I don't buy their latest releases. Sure, you can find some mods that tweak the game to your liking, but in this case it's literally "Mods will fix this".

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. tabacila Liturgist

tabacila
    I knew this wasn't going to be truly a historical title, but goddamn AOE healing?

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. AliceAlcina Learned

AliceAlcina
    Not getting it, not even for free.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.